Sansui FR-3080 Turntable

dusttones

I'm looking for some input on this table, the Sansui FR-3080. I can't find a whole lot of opinions on it on this site or around the web. I'm considering purchasing one that needs some work and curious if it's worth it. They say the tonearm starts to go inward, but then starts back to original starting point (maybe just a belt). It doesn't have the original headshell or cartridge, but does come with a Technics headshell and a Shure M91ED cart. I'm wanting to upgrade one of my tables, the Technics SR-250 equipped with a AT-120ET. I could move the AT-120ET to the Sansui if it's better than the Shure. Curious if this is a worthy upgrade or more of a lateral move from the SR-250. Opinions? Thoughts?

Thanks!

https://www.vinylengine.com/library/sansui/fr-3080.shtml

x-posted to turntables section too

Finally able to spend some time diagnosing the issue as shown in the video above. The microswitch was stuck preventing the motoring from shutting off.

Anyone know what kind of oil I can use on the motor? The service manual isn't much help, it gives stock number 9432010 for the oil feeder, but no other info.

TT came withwa Shure M91ED. New belt installed and EVG on hand to install soon too.

I've carefully used sewing machine oil sparingly in these applications. Its very light.

Others may have other views.

Back
Top Bottom