Sansui G-22.000 protection issue ( red led don't flash )

This morning I turned on the Sansui G-22,000 and everything was perfect, that is, it is an intermittent problem! If it were a faulty capacitor would it happen?

This morning I turned on the Sansui G-22,000 and everything was perfect, that is, it is an intermittent problem! If it were a faulty capacitor would it happen?

Mine would do the same thing as yours, sometimes intermittent. I recapped the power amp and solved this issue. What is happening is that you have a failed (or multiple failed) capacitors that are charging themselves too fast and thus the unit will come out of protection right away. Think of it as a car battery that goes dead after leaving the headlights or radio on for several minutes. Sure, it may function but definitely not to it's full potential. A capacitor is not much different than a battery, they wear out over time. If you checked, I'm sure your bias is off as well.

Far as your concern about getting good capacitors, I would look into a freight forwarder. I believe Kevzep uses one (or did at least) to get things shipped to him from the states. That's probably going to be your best bet. Good Luck.

tobyj17 put it just right. Recap the whole thing and you will listen and see another machine. Quiet , soft ,musical , the way it is intended to be . The big G22000.

The problem is that I can not find an audio technician who has the courage to face this service, you have no idea how difficult it is to find someone capable of restoring vintage equipment in Brazil!

tobyj17 put it just right. Recap the whole thing and you will listen and see another machine. Quiet , soft ,musical , the way it is intended to be . The big G22000.

Back
Top Bottom