Sansui G - 22000

Steamer

Last week I bought a Sansui G- 22000 w/manual at a yard sale for 25 bucks, with it came a Sansui SE-7 Equalizer & a pair of Infinity 112 speakers. The lady I got it from said it plays, her husband used it in the garage. I seen it and it was love at first sight. Sansui is great (I also have a QRX-7500 Quad Reciever). Well anyway I took home the 22k cleaned it up (it's beautiful) I replaced two blown fuses in the amp, connected it up powered it up, everythings good to go until I power on the amp. Protection circuit kicks in, I followed manual instuctions. Is there any hidden fuses that I can check out that would cause this problem or does anybody know where in the midwest I can get this repaired.

CONGRATS !!! great find.... I wish I could help ya hear, but I have the SAME problem with my G 8000 (right channel only bad) left channel works GREAT. Hope you get some replys so maybe i can find out whats wrong with mine... again, GREAT FIND !

DANG! That's the second yard-sale G-22000 score! I got a rough but working one for $20 at a sale just up the street from me.

They're abusively huge beasts!

If it's going into protection and not coming out, chances are the output transistors are shot. I havne't ordered the service manual for mine as of yet, so I really can't comment further...

Congrats on that score though! It's worth far more than what you paid as a parts unit.

TP

Steamer,
Congratulations, you may have unseated B3Nut for the all time Sansui score. When can we see pictures?

If you haven't already done so, check out Echo Wars' series of posts here

http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5634

Lots of good information here. Your protection circuit problem may be a result of too much DC on the output.

B3Nut
As far as service manuals go, avoid the photocopied ones on Ebay. The one I have for my G-22000 is very hard to read. The diagrams are just too complicated to fits on an 11 by 17 sheet and be large enough to see detail. A lot of the fine detail gets blurred and can't be read. If you can't find an original, then I would opt for an electronic copy like the ones available on the Sansui.us web site.

http://gallery.bcentral.com/Gallery/ProductDetails.aspx?GID=4884061&PID=2870483&page=1&sortOrder=0

At least then you can enlarge it to see the detail.

- Pete

I bought a repro manual for my 4300 from a seller on ebay. Audioarchives if memory serves. It really looks nice.

Back
Top Bottom