Sansui G-22000

Just be aware that it is prudent to have the amp tested to ensure it is going to run safely.DC offset etc.
It will need a recap. The 22000 pre has excellent protection circuitry to protect the unit from failure.

I will definitely have this done as it has been in my closet for so many years. I hopefully will find a pr-amp one day.

You can NOT have the power amp turned on by it's own power switch if the pre amp's power switch is in off position. Power amp is not supposed to be used with another pre amp if it's disconnected from it's own pre amp. If you want to use another pre amp , you'll have to set the switch on the side of this pre amp to separated and then feed the signal from another pre amp to this power amp. But they must be connected through the umbilical cord and rca .

How odd, I just read this thread because I got a G22000 preamp/tuner in a few days ago, that the owner wants me to recap and then sell for him. He doesn't have the amp.

20160503_120919.jpg

Hello everybody,
I'm really glad I found this thread, especially the post by the guy who said "we'll help you fix it."

I bought a G 22000 from a friend (original owner) back in 1991 and I have only played it a few times, the last time in 1992, and it's been in my closet since.

I really need to sell it, but I don't know where to send it to be refurbished. It's complete and everything turns on fine, but the left channel doesn't work - when I bought it the left channel was cutting in and out, and in '92 I took it to a local repair place here in Virginia Beach (I didn't know any better), but as I was heading out on an overseas deployment I never got the chance to play it again until just a few weeks ago - yeah, there was a LOT of water under THAT bridge - marriage, deployments, divorce, deployments, marriage, deployments, kids-dogs-cats, deployments - you get the picture. Anyway...

I've read about opening it up and blowing out the dust, "checking the pots," etc, but I don't know anything about that, terrified to open anything up and messing with it, so I thought it would be better to sell it to someone who could take better care of it than I ever could. Lord knows I don't want to ruin such a fine piece of gear because I don't know about the peculiarities and idiosyncrasies of vintage equipment. Would it be better to refurbish before selling, or as-is?

Thoughts and/or advice would be much appreciated, please.

Thanks,

JohnnyAuto

Hi JohnnyAuto, welcome to AudioKarma, Exclusively Sansui. It's best to start a new thread when you introduce a new piece of equipment. Otherwise we may confuse yours with the original one in this thread. Where are you located, there may be a member nearby that can help.

- Pete

Back
Top Bottom