Sansui G-33,000

Brent, Thanks for posting but the serial number has one too many digits. I'm guessing it has an extra zero. There should be two serial numbers, one for the tuner/preamp and one on the amp. Which did you post?

- Pete

Enjoy your G-33k, particularly since you inherited it, drive it like you stoled it! If you can afford it, by all means have it restored by a competent restorer. If not, start saving for when it needs it, it will undoubtedly. They are going for pretty ridiculous sums due to their rarity and prodigious power. I hope to hear and own one some day.

Brent, Thanks for posting but the serial number has one too many digits. I'm guessing it has an extra zero. There should be two serial numbers, one for the tuner/preamp and one on the amp. Which did you post?

- Pete
I'll check when I get home

Oh, I know I will be.....there's a G9000 on the horizon.....:thumbsup:
Yep. Tough receiver to beat when running properly. The G-8000 I have sounds almost as good as my BA/CA-F1. Killer phono section and an AMAZING sounding tuner! One of the only tuners in a receiver that casts a huge sound stage.

It is rather amazing what Sansui was doing back in the day. A customer, friend of a friend, recently brought over a Pass Labs 150.5. A very beautiful sounding amp by the way. Restored my faith in modern solid state HiFi a bit.

My BA-F1 was faster, better able to flesh everything out of a recording, tighter image focus. A touch more transparent, being better at sounding real. He left dumbfounded in that my old 1979 Sansui pulled ahead. They were more alike than different though, so if you got the coin, the Pass Labs stuff seems to be the real deal.

Last edited:
A bit late to the party thread.
It's a excellent receiver . It does it all , well almost , except to drive 4ohms loads. Although SANSUI was claiming it does. With a little work on the very sophisticated protector circuit it will go down to 4 ohms gaining about 80 watts. A full recap will reset the clock for another 40 years. There are no problems with these two brothers G22 G33, ONLY MUSIC and the freaked out look of the people sighting one for a first time.
Eventually it will need a recap and some minor other things , but it will go for ever. Oh and btw the tuner is almost the same with that of TU-X1.
I have mine for 3 years now and enjoying as much as I can along with the G22 I have since 2006. Both recapped , and fully serviced. I even pushed my G22 to the limits by installing 8 power transistors and bigger power supply caps. My G33 also has bigger power supply caps.
There's nothing in the world like BIG G's.

Back
Top Bottom