Sansui G-33000 just sold on eBay $8,475

Meh. If you make your business/affairs public then public comment is fair game; good, bad, or indifferent.

I have learned that the only people that are actually crazy are the ones saying everyone else is crazy. I am delighted to see it make a big fuss when actually......who cares?... You won't see it....won't hear it......won't work on it....won't clean it. So......why whine about it? I like people that want something..... and they go get it.
Absolutely right on here.. :thumbsup:
There are plenty of people I know that listen to music through a plastic box with a handle on the top who think I am crazy as batshit for having 300 pounds of speakers in my living room. I can deal with that, and even understand it a little when I try to see the world through their eyes. It is when audiophiles turn on each other and point their crooked little fingers when someone with cash buys a great old piece of audio gear because they didn't buy what they think they should have or could have with that money that I don't get.. Who is really crazy here, the guy who bought what he really desired or the ones wasting their limited time on this forum sitting in judgement and expressing their disapproval?

Congrats to the new owner. I'd love to hear it first hand just out of curiosity. I have no experience with Sansui but now that I've seen the model line up I'm certainly jonesing for one. Have to keep an eye out locally for one. Handsome looking units.

I just incredibly inherited one!! But I am in Berlin, so probably not quite locally for you guys... I think I am gonna give it for sale, just to big for my living room hahahaha.

Last edited:
I just incredibly inherited one!! But I am in Berlin, so probably not quite locally for you guys... I think I am gonna give it for sale, just to big for my living room hahahaha.
Hallo
Ah, Germany, beautiful country & GREAT FOOD! Got to see Depeche mode Music for the Masses in Hamburg in 89'. AWESOME show. Then the following year Oktoberfest in Munich. Spectacular. They also had an audio trade show I went to but forgot where. Now THAT was a sight to see for an 18 year old.
Congrats on your Sansui!! I apologise I missed your comment.

I agree. If I had a ton of disposable income, it would be on my short list.
One of those rare times where the "think of it as an investment" may actually hold true. It is appreciating faster than most any stock that I know of.

I think the Sansui sale is great! The internet and I suppose Ebay has made this type of market possible....

As far as CARS......I have a few stories to tell.

Pre-Internet days.....I use to own a 1961 Lancia Flaminia Zagato. I sold it for a song.... Today, unrestored....that car would bring around 85K and restored....250K? Yes...I still lament losing it.

Zagato_Lancia_Flaminia_Sport_3C_1962_3287_06_7d7b3ccc0784082e7a9173717f6e9350.jpg

As always there are people with cash that they can't recognize and put in the bank.
That means they can overspend a a variety of extravagances.

As I said in another thread, it is the flavor of the month, like antique and classic cars. They are not good investments. You first need to find the right person to pay that much.

Absolutely correct. In other hobbies I've been in I've seen the ebb & flow of "unicorn" items increase then decrease in value. Eventually they stabilize far below their peaks. I also guarantee they will have to be recapped and that's an additional $$$$ issue that will have to be addressed. Both of my receivers a Realistic 2100 and Sony 7045 both started to act up where a simple Deoxit wasn't cutting it. So maybe not this year or next but caps after 40 years WILL be required to replace.

I have had a G33000, BA3000 and a BA 5000. All went out the door and Mcintosh came in. I understand the rarity and the want to have the biggest most badass vintage system though.

I have had a G33000, BA3000 and a BA 5000. All went out the door and Mcintosh came in. I understand the rarity and the want to have the biggest most badass vintage system though.
How would you compare the McIntosh to the G-33000 sound wise? A good move to go separates?

People are lazy....

It's crazy to get hung up on one kind of equipment when like the Sansui when so much top of the line equipment to be had. I've seen plenty of repair shops with large Sansui receivers that people didn't pick up.....

People are lazy....

It's crazy to get hung up on one kind of equipment when like the Sansui when so much top of the line equipment to be had. I've seen plenty of repair shops with large Sansui receivers that people didn't pick up.....

Then you don't understand what a collector is.
Sure I can buy the latest Corvette and have all the bells & whistles that'll blow away a 1963 Corvette split window coupe from yesterday from a comfort & convenience standpoint. But then again, that's not the point is it? It's buying something that won't ever be made again and have that unique sound which modern receivers can't match.

I know the vast difference between a 70 Challenger R/T SE and a brand new Challenger R/T.I'll take the '70 in a heartbeat.Its the collectability factor.Nice if you can afford it.

Then you don't understand what a collector is.
Sure I can buy the latest Corvette and have all the bells & whistles that'll blow away a 1963 Corvette split window coupe from yesterday from a comfort & convenience standpoint. But then again, that's not the point is it? It's buying something that won't ever be made again and have that unique sound which modern receivers can't match.

Oh I understand what a collector is, I had quite the car collection but I didn't only buy Chevies. At one time I hand seventeen muscle cars. Sure, Sansui makes great equipment as I love my 9090 hooked up to two pair of NS-1000's just like I love listening to my European Pioneer VSX-D1S with a pair European Cerwin Vega AT-100's and a pair of European Bose 301 series III. That's like comparing my '64 Chevy Nova with a 409 that I built to the '67 Plymouth Cuda with a Roadrunner engine. They're both bad ass....

But I was referring to the quest for better sound which I guess is like the quest for a faster car which has nothing to do with the car itself. So many cars to play with just like so much stereo equipment to play with. Just like so many flavors of ice cream, why only enjoy vanilla ? Sure there is also French vanilla bean which is allot better, but it's great to have pralines and cream also. Pioneer SX-1250, Sansui 9090, Marantz 2385, Luxman R-117 with two pair of Yamaha NS-2000's would be an experience in sound not ownership. But, I'm not saying what you should do.....

How would you compare the McIntosh to the G-33000 sound wise? A good move to go separates?
There is no comparison. The Mcintosh is like a Ferrari compared to the G-33000. In my opinion its like comparing a rock and roll amp to a serious high fidelity piece. Mcintosh changed my whole listening experience for the better. Once you go Mac you never go back.

Back
Top Bottom