Sansui G-6000 Bias Adjustment

chembot

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Hi All,
I was wondering if any you wonderful people could help a new guy out. I've got a Sansui G-6000 that I've had for about 4 years now. Well, 2 of the lamps blew out so I finally got around to replacing them with LEDs. While I have it opened I also wanted to check the DC offset and Bias and Deoxit the switches. I've checked the DC and it required only a little change, but I am still trying to figure out where the test pins are for the Bias measurement. According to the service manual, i test at points 77 and 78 which appear to me to be the post near the upper right hand corner of the speaker relay. Where do I put the other lead to test? I am not sure and I don't want to accidentally screw something. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
20171109_184358.jpg

G6000_Bias.jpg

take another look at the schematic you posted above. The positive lead of your voltmeter goes to 77 or 78 (R or L channel) above the relay. The negative lead goes to the channel appropriate test point below the relay in your picture... The negative test points are at each side of the connectors with the blue and white wires just below the relay

Look at the back of the receiver in the upper corners left and right . On the left side put the red lead on top and black on bottom. On the right side reverse your leads and check bias

Hey guys thanks for the info! I just tested and they both a little low so I got it back on spec. Really appreciate it!!!

Back
Top Bottom