Sansui G-7700 Capacitors List , Anyone???

Welcome to AK Aleksei, Unfortunately these lists are very time consuming to make and keep up to date as suppliers inventory is always changing for one reason or another. You may be lucky, someone who has recently done one may see your thread and post a list up, but don't rely on it.

Most people just create their own list from suppliers convenient to them, in their own country. As for an average price for the parts - this will depend on all of the above, and also whether or not you change the main PSU capacitors, which aren't always changed when the other smaller ones are. Changing the main PSU capacitors would probably be a good idea with this model as it is old enough now for this to be a likely requirement for reliable continued use.

Good luck with your project.

1. I suggest that you (and all new members) update your profile to include your location. Some knowledgeable member nearby may be able to help you personally, but not if they do not know where you are.

2. Are you planning to replace every cap in the G-7700, and is it working reasonably well now? The ceramic ones are probably OK unless you are having a problem.

3. If it is "OK", the first thing I think you should do is to replace the 4 single turn 100Ω trimmer pots on the F-2980 board. These degrade with age and crack. If the crack goes through the resistive element (very likely) it can open, and this can cause a runaway condition in the bias circuits. That will usually result in the loss of some, or all, of the output transistors in that channel. The DC Offset trimmer failures will not be as disastrous.

4. I can offer you a list of the caps on the F-2980 board from a G-6700, updated to G-7700 per the schematics (one changed from 33pƒ to 22pƒ). The only other boards I have re-capped do not have any e-caps on them (haha).

5. If this project ever devolves to a repair effort, please start a thread that can detail your learnings and experiences for others.

Good Luck - - -

Back
Top Bottom