Sansui G-8000 Question

SofaKing

I have a question for G-8000 owners. I recently purchased a G-8000. It takes approximately 8 seconds from the time the power switch in turned on until the relay clicks and sound is heard from the speakers. This seems slow compared to my other receivers, which are Pioneer SX-727 & SX-949, which take approximately 3-4 seconds. Is this 8 seconds normal for the G-8000?
Thanks.
Larry

My G-22.000 has problems in the protection circuit, sometimes the light flashes 10 sec, sometimes 4 sec, and sometimes the sound comes in directly causing a "poc" sound!

Mine takes around 6 - 8 sec for the relays to engage.

Have you checked the bias & dc offset?

I always makes sure my volume is turned to min on first startup and allow 5 -10mins for stability before playing. Same with any amp i use.

Last edited:
My G-22.000 has problems in the protection circuit, sometimes the light flashes 10 sec, sometimes 4 sec, and sometimes the sound comes in directly causing a "poc" sound!

Pete, could you tell me which resistor or capacitor is responsible for the delay of sound?

Ronald.C
Your G-22000 has a problem with its protection circuit - don't treat the symptom, find the cure. ;)

Also this thread is about a G-8000 - please start a new thread for questions regarding your G-22000 issue.

Last edited:
When I first received the gift of my G-8000 from madhattter, it took about 6 seconds to start. Over a period of months it started to take up to 20 seconds. Finally, one day, it just never started at all. I guessed that the caps on the power supply were finally giving up the ghost. I had CDFixer do a rebuild on it.

Just seen a G9000DB capped on Ebay go for 1300 on a buy now....wowser! And yes...about 5-10 seconds for any of my G9000s to start up from the protection mode and none have been capped.

I always makes sure my volume is turned to min on first startup and allow 5 -10mins for stability before playing. Same with any amp i use.

I have worked on several of these G-8000's with the help from the great people here on the forum. I agree with chevelosm. That was a problem with mine. Got it down to about 4 sec.

Thanks for the recommendation of waiting for a few minutes before playing. Yes, I always have the volume turned to zero before turning the beast on. Both bias and offset has been checked is good to go.

Back
Top Bottom