Sansui G-Series IC on Ebay? Working Reproduction or FAKE SCAM??

eBay linked threads belong in Dollars and Sense forums. Just click report in your OP, and ask for the thread to be moved.

You'll also elicit more views, and probably find your answer.

I think this is the chip I bought from Consolidated several years ago to fix my G-6700. It has worked flawlessly since.

Probably real. If you were going to the trouble to falsely mark up an IC package, you would pick something that sold for more than $40. Seller has good feedback. OKI sold their semiconductor division in 2008 so this is probably New old stock or overstock. I work in the semiconductor industry and it is very hard to match supply and demand, so overproduction of individual products is common.

Last edited:
Probably real. If you were going to the trouble to falsely mark up an IC package, you would pick something that sold for more than $40. Seller has good feedback. OKI sold their semiconductor division in 2008 so this is probably New old stock or overstock. I work in the semiconductor industry and it is very hard to match supply and demand so overproduction of individual products is common.

I have no idea whether its fake or real, but price really isn't a good indicator. What constitutes "worth it to fake" has different ramifications on a global scope/context.

For what it's worth, the seller has ONE single negative out of 1898 feedback in the last year, and that was for "item not received."

Back
Top Bottom