Sansui G4700 problem.. no power

meaford

I have a Sansui G4700 receiver which has lost power .
It has power past the 12Volt 5Amp fuse to the transformer, but it ends there , no power past the transformer.
I have owned it since new and would like to repair it myself as I really like the receiver.
I assume it is the transformer?
The transformer has 2 names and numbers on it , on one side it states part number T05-034-001 , Atom 2 UB292-A
on the onter side it says Sansui 4003118.
I hope this is enough info for some help.
If someone would be kind enough to advise where I could get this part to repair my receiver.
Thanks in advance from Canada !

I've been there, on the range too!

Can't help with a G-4700, but I have a G-5700.

Greg

Originally posted by zem
Hasn't everyone been to Meaford range at one time or another? :D
All the time...

My gut instinct is that you're missing something meaford. Transformers rarely go bad.

Thanks I do need help.
I have followed the power past the fuse into the transformer but from the transformer out there is no power. Not even to the on off switch.
The fuse obviously works.
I am new to this so any advice or help would be appreciated.

Quite the view from the Tank range. Also fishing is geat !

Thanks

Originally posted by meaford
Good guess.
Can you help with my Sansui problem Bolly?

Meaford -- my brother and a friend of his are currently working on some Sansui Amps of mine (three AU-717's and an AU-517).

I'm in Hamilton, and he is in Brockville -- which are both a fair distance from you.

Still, they'd probably be able to fix your problem if necessary. They have already fixed one of my AU-717's and it's working GREAT!

I could help you if it were a case of a broken wire, but for more indepth troubleshooting you will need a schematic and the advice of someone who is way more experienced at this stuff than I am. I'm not advanced enough to be offering highly skillfull technical info just yet!

What do you mean good guess about that big house on the hill?

Back
Top Bottom