Sansui Mass collection sold. Possibly old AK member

I hope the son gets what they are worth .[/QUOTE
we did speak about some of his prices. Some were high some were low. He followed the market on ebay.

I get the impression the son posted about upthread musn't have much interest in vintage gear if he was willing to sell the whole collection to the esteemed Dr. Fever. That's kind of a shame too the way I see it, as all that gear was a tangible reminder that could serve as a memento of his dad.
Last we spoke he was gonna keep a Q-3535 & AU-111 I believe. The problem is he has some cheesy speakers that sound like crap. I pleaded with him to find some Altec Valencia's. I mentioned your dad would want you to experience the Sansui sound with good speakers. Funny the dad only had the cheesy speakers. It made no sense when I visited.

That is (was) one serious collection of mint Sansui equipment. Probably one of a kind and not sure we'll see another like it again, but who knows whats lurking out there... Some very desirable items in among that lot!!

The son is like 24 now. I asked how his dad got all this stuff. His response was
He spent a lot of time on ebay every night buying and selling several pieces per week And occasionally traveled to trade with other big collectors. Somebody here has to of known him.

Last edited:
It appears a chunk of it has already been sold, and some is presently for sale on ebay from what I can gather. Hopefully Johnny Fever will be along to offer some clarification on the status of this gear, as he was in contact with the son at some point, he probably has the best first hand info of anyone who has posted in this thread thus far.

It appears a chunk of it has already been sold, and some is presently for sale on ebay from what I can gather. Hopefully Johnny Fever will be along to offer some clarification on the status of this gear, as he was in contact with the son at some point, he probably has the best first hand info of anyone who has posted in this thread thus far.

Thanks for reply. I didn't realize it was a year ago that most of went down. I imagine not a lot left now....sorry I missed it being so close.

Hey guys. I sent the son a msg 2 days ago. I just send another. I should hear something soon. I'm guessing the ebay guy took everything.

There are some tube monoblocs and a Q-3535 (albeit with an alternate model number SM- something) up there [ebay] now. Also another Q-3535 with a mating pre for sale. I am operating on the presumption at least some of these are form the collection in question (offered by someone who acquired them from the son of the owner) since they are so uncommon.

I don't know if any of the G-33000's from this collection were sold on there. I have seen a few listed in the past couple of years, but none that I recall being offered with a factory box.

The G-33000's were sold by the son on ebay. Or possibly to people he met while selling on ebay. Not all the guys collection had boxes. Seems the ebay guy came in the picture after me & I believe the G-33000's were already gone. The son had 3 G-22000's when I was at his house. I think the ebay guy might of gotten 1 or 2 of them.

Here is the ebay guys store FB page. He defiantly has some nice gear.https://www.facebook.com/BIGAZSPEAKERS/ Click on photos

Last edited:
Hi guys I am the son of the Sansui collector in question. Over the past 2 years I have sold almost all of the collection, with only a few special pieces remaining that I have chose to hold onto for now. If anyone has any questions I would be happy to do my best to answer.

Don

Hi guys I am the son of the Sansui collector in question. Over the past 2 years I have sold almost all of the collection, with only a few special pieces remaining that I have chose to hold onto for now. If anyone has any questions I would be happy to do my best to answer.

Don
Welcome to Audio Karma!! We are all completely amazed at the collection. I have wondered if you have an interest in the Vintage/Classic audio or electronics which seem to go hand in hand with this hobby..

Back
Top Bottom