Sansui Model 8 value

johnny_fever

Sansui Addict. No Serious. Not Kidding.
Subscriber
Got a call from a guy who might be parting with a Sansui Model 8 (non Deluxe) He wants me to make an offer. Claims it works fine. I can't find any completed listings. So I would be guessing FMV. Any thoughts? Thanks Rick

They have gone up steadily over the last 5 years. Well, I guess anything good has, but they were overlooked in favor of the #0#0 series and G series.
I would offer $150 and go from there. Wheeler-dealers always want the other party to make an offer first. Better to be on the low side before the negotiations start.
If it's an item you have been lusting after than the numbers from the post above are not unreasonable. If not, stay close to your original offer.
I sold my 9090 a couple months ago. I was shocked at what they are fetching. Broken ones are selling for twice what good ones went for 5 years ago. I kept the Eight but a neighbor is using it in his main system now.

I paid 100.00 for a non working but clean 8 about a yr ago. Sold my 8 dlx that wasnt as clean but worked for 300.00 around the same time.

Not sure if he got his, but I just picked up one with all original box and materials. Quite cool. I have been looking for one for many years, but never ran across one, this is a fine example, physically. From the original owner for $150. It powers up, but no output, so will need to figure out what is going on, but VERY happy to have it.

Added a thread with pics: http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/in...ght-with-all-the-materials-too-beauty.831078/

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom