Sansui On the Move

gopernoper

hey guys! I’m finally heading up north with my dad and the family. Having now fixed the 8080db it’ll be reinstalled in it’s rightful home. The cottage. The poor thing was originally discovered in the bunk house (NOT GOOD) when we bought the place. Unfortunately the speaker protection relay wouldn’t activate blah blah blah. Some help from the kind people here, and now it’s up and running! It’ll be driving a Technics SL-BD27 turntable and (brace yourself) Silver Marshall speakers. I KNOW. I’m working on upgrading it. Again, high schooler, funds are tight. The beast will be displacing my first (working) vintage receiver, a Sherwood S-7200 (also a bunk house find). I’ll be moving it into my bedroom until I can find speakers to match and another turntable. I can’t wait to get it set up! Only 4 hours of driving to go...... (included a picture of the Sherwood- about to be dethroned)

Attachments

• FF54CA53-DFF3-4D37-8B6B-707EAF894AAC.png
    FF54CA53-DFF3-4D37-8B6B-707EAF894AAC.png
    557.1 KB · Views: 18
Yes, the Sansui deserves good speakers, and will make them sing!

I tried it briefly with my dad’s Klipsch upright speakers at home and the power and warm ness blew me away. The only problem is finding good speakers at an affordable price. Any recommendations?

I tried it briefly with my dad’s Klipsch upright speakers at home and the power and warm ness blew me away. The only problem is finding good speakers at an affordable price. Any recommendations?
I guess that depends on what you're looking for (2 way/3 way, bookshelf/floor standing). Lot's of options, and opinions out there. For good affordable small 2 way bookshelf speakers, I like the NHT superones (the original, made in the USA). I have a pair and just ordered another pair (in transit from fleabay) for my sister. They can usually be had for around a c note. Lot's of good sound, and a surprising amount of base, out of a very small box.

For larger speakers you'll have to ask someone else as my past picks weren't the best. To the point that I gave away (over the years) 3 sets that I had owned, just to get them out of the house. :crazy:

Back
Top Bottom