Sansui QA-5000 Help

Cigarettenfa

Newb here,just got a very rare Sansui QA-5000 and i never owned a sansui quadrophonic before and well i dont really know how it works there's a switch for "2chanel direct,QS-Synthesizer,QS,SQ,CD-4",and one a set of three small knobs titled CD-4 adjusment with "Carrier level",and "left and right separation".any tips to operate this,or a manual or any info would be great.

Newb here,just got a very rare Sansui QA-5000 and i never owned a sansui quadrophonic before and well i dont really know how it works there's a switch for "2chanel direct,QS-Synthesizer,QS,SQ,CD-4",and one a set of three small knobs titled CD-4 adjusment with "Carrier level",and "left and right separation".any tips to operate this,or a manual or any info would be great.
These are pretty rare. We don't have any on file in the database. I'm by no means a quad expert but here's what I can suggest:

1) 2 Channel Direct probably bypasses the quad feature.
2) QS, SQ and CD-4 are proprietary quad formats. You would match the switch position to quad format used to record the media. Quad tapes and records would be recorded using one of those formats and it would be indicated on the album cover.
3) QS synthesizer is likely to simulate quad from a stereo source.
4) I believe the CD-4 adjustment is to properly set up your CD-4 quad phono cartridge.

There is a lot of information on the internet on these quad formats. You might want to browes through that to get a better picture of these features.

Please, Please post the serial number for the database. Click on the link in my signature block.

- Pete

These are pretty rare. We don't have any on file in the database. I'm by no means a quad expert but here's what I can suggest:

1) 2 Channel Direct probably bypasses the quad feature.
2) QS, SQ and CD-4 are proprietary quad formats. You would match the switch position to quad format used to record the media. Quad tapes and records would be recorded using one of those formats and it would be indicated on the album cover.
3) QS synthesizer is likely to simulate quad from a stereo source.
4) I believe the CD-4 adjustment is to properly set up your CD-4 quad phono cartridge.

There is a lot of information on the internet on these quad formats. You might want to browes through that to get a better picture of these features.

Please, Please post the serial number for the database. Click on the link in my signature block.

- Pete
I'm very sorry but the serial number sticker is gone

Back
Top Bottom