Sansui QS-500, Dumpster Rescue

Wolfpack81

Hauling trash/scrap to local dumpster. I notice a Pioneer Quad RTR in the walk-in furniture recycle container. I know I can't discretely grab something that large and not be noticed. I then spy a wooden cased something above it. I know it is vintage by the case. Take a quick look and I see "Sansui". I'm not leaving that! I look around and do a grab and go. Get back to the farm and I have a Sansui QS-500. Do some research, read lots of good things about this unit.

I of course go back and politely ask about getting the Pioneer. Drive out with a rough looking Pioneer Quad QT-6600 AND a better cosmetically Sony TC-651. All three units light up! Grab some speakers and a CD player and get the Sansui playing. Everything on it works! Lights, meters, slides, switches,controls. So now I guess I'm going quad.

I don't know about the RTR's, I have no way of testing them. But they did light up and all the controls seemed to function.

It was a good day.

resize1.jpg resize2.jpg resize3.jpg

I have one of those Sansuis and once you get it figured out you'll find it does some pretty impressive stuff when set up for four channel. Nice unit and incredible find there.

Why would be concerned about someone seeing you? If it's in the dumpster it's fair game, unless there is a sign posted saying dumpster divers will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. I'd be all over that like a pig on slop. No shame here

Why would be concerned about someone seeing you? If it's in the dumpster it's fair game, unless there is a sign posted saying dumpster divers will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. I'd be all over that like a pig on slop. No shame here
Oh, it's posted "no scavenging allowed". And there is always an attendant at the location. Just got lucky explaining politely what was about to be trashed to an understanding attendant.

Back
Top Bottom