Sansui QS-500 Quad amp issues

Rogersjapan

Picked this up pretty cheap but looked like stored in attic for years, Very dirty and lots of grime. Cleaned it all up and finally started to test it. Meters work to inputs but when I got around to checking speaker outputs right side was dead in A and B selection. Started looking at outputs and the 1180 amp board. Burnt 100Ohm resistor. So I started checking transistors on right side of the board and 3 out 4 of them or shorted. I went to main output transistors and sure enough both right channel are shorted. So here is my question. Installed on the unit are NEC 2sd322 main output transistors. Service manual and schematic says they are 2sc793. I need to order new ones and the equivalent for both are different. Any thought on this?

You could probably use a MJ15003G for that application. No problem at all, as long as the transistor doesn't have too much gain and too high transition frequency, you'll be fine...

So i installed nte280 as main output and all the transistors on 1180 amp board. All right channel were shorted along with slew of other things. Now right channel singing strong. Next to get quad reel to reel going and test this thing.

Back
Top Bottom