sansui scams

"The holds from ebay/paypal are not an issue for this guy as explained in post #12."

In the US, if any bank account in your name goes bad, meaning they say say you owe them money, you cannot get another bank account forever until that is cleared up. I mean if you get a job that only pays by direct deposit you are screwed. And under US law they can charge you ten trillion dollars an hour for a one penny overdraft.

Peru probably actually regulates its banks. This guy is using the system. This is what scammers do, at least the best of them. But what gets me is why he keeps on with the same stuff. If he can pull this of why not a nice Mac or something. Walk out that bank with like four grand. Close the account. Done deal.

Sorry I have to get long now but you might not have heard the story of Micheal Rodent. A guy was scamming the IRS, by getting W2s from the local office supply and filling them out on his mighty typewriter. Got himself alot of refund checks and somehow got them cashed, but that was back then. One of the names he used was Micheal Rodent, like Mickey Mouse !

They eventually busted him and put him in the federal joint. After while he got ahold of someone who would send him office supplies. Likely he said to prepare his appeal, but he got more W2 forms and did the same damn thing right from jail.

So he gets charged again and in court his lawyer says "You might as well let him go because you obviously aren't rehabilitating him".

I want that lawyer's phone number.

Beware, Mr/Ms Peru is back: delzo1960

Found it last night when I was looking at a Marantz 8B he has listed. Last night an AU-70 and TU-70 popped up and then this morning an AU-111.

I've noticed that the items from this guy seem to go through to bidding completion so probably more people need to report the items to have them pulled from ebay (or maybe ebay doesn't care).

Also, it's not that obvious how to report the items so instructions follow:

Click "Report Item", select "Report Category: Listing Practices", "Reason for report: Fraudulent listing activities", select "Detailed reason: you suspect the listing is fraudulent".

Yes, a scam. This is the guy I call Henry Louis. Previous reincarnations shundamoore(24), rego_rego, farah6520(24), jazzmine(6), aqua_bleu_one(179) and others. You can search on Henry Louis for details, his history goes back for a least a decade. His style has changed, for years he used all capital letters. So far the identifying characteristics have included Accuphase listings, "for parts or repair", clothes and shoe listings probably from his better half (jamaica_girl) used to build up some positive feedback (present here), a Queens or Long Island address, and great care in showing listings not to show enough detail for you to recognize with tuners, for example, that these are mostly Japanese models (with pictures lifted from yahoo.jp I suppose).

Marc

Small victory!

Mr/Ms Peru listed an AU-111 overnight (http://www.ebay.com/itm/262574107923), which you will notice has already been delisted. I've tried reporting, I've tried having multiple people reporting, I've sent message saying I've report it to ebay. No luck getting these listings suspended.

So what did I do different? Just sent the guy four words "Reported to federal police". I thought he wouldn't be bothered... but apparently he cared enough to delist immediately.

Maybe Mr Peru got scared. This time they went to the effort of setting up an account over the border in Chile. Same AU-111 photos though, and again a year at the end of the username - this time it's "noreserve1965". He is kind of getting lazy with the listings this time ;).

Title: sansui amplifier serie AU
condition: nice, NR
Main Text: sansui au model 111 N

exactly the some description used for other listings, except with Sansui AU replaced with Marantz stereo console etc.

Last edited:
Let's face it. There are plenty of people who will buy from dubious dealers on the other side of the globe if they think they can save twenty-five cents. They usually get burned and then they bitch the loudest.

If you look at the feedback from these shady sellers, it's usually all purchases of small inexpensive items. This gives them a lot of 100% feedback reviews. To a buyer, the 100% means nothing unless it contains sold items preferably heavy audio gear.

- Pete

And there are big time scammers within our own borders.
One of the first units I bought on ebay (probably 2009) was a Pioneer SX-1050. Supposed to be working, but had 1 or 2 tone knobs busted off. I won the bid at like $220. The unit arrived in a box no bigger than the unit itself. No packing or cushioning at all. The box rattled if you know what I mean.
Well here was the damage
Cabinet destroyed, faceplate glass shattered, faceplate bent sideways at the top so that the rectangular window was now a trapezoid.
loose screws and hardware throughout. All of the boards were floating loose because all of the nylon standoffs were shattered.
Some cracks on the boards, losts of warpage and bends in the chassis.
So I contacted the guy who went by the nickname "the General" This along with his feedback rating of one should have raised a flag but I was too new at the time to notice.
He said he was sorry, that he was new at this Ebay thing, but he was trying to turn his life around a make a go of it as a Ebay seller. He said that he would send me a partial refund of $110 if I would give him a nice feedback rating. I did that, but had to track him down a few times to see about the return payment from paypal. First he needed a little time to get money into the paypal account, Then he was having issues with his bank getting the funds, then it was something else, all until he could delay me past the point of not being able to report it to EBAY because of time limit exceeded. Then of course he stopped answering messages and his cell phone.
I was able to contact the one other person he sold to, who gave him 100% feedback. He told me that he got caught in the same thing. Bought something from "the General", recieved a "Box of loose parts" as a result of all the damage. We concluded that we were both scammed in a similar fashion, and chalked it up to a lesson learned.
I did get that SX-1050 running but it took months of work, and lots of replacement parts.

Things I always look for now
I want to see a lot of very positive feedback, and someone who has been around for a length of time.(none of the people who just signed up)
I read the feedbacks and look for legitimate complaints
I pay particular attention to complaints about non working or shipping damage units
I specifically request superior packing and premium shipping (UPS or FEDEX) to cut down on damage to heavy units.

His latest efforts are using accounts with 5-6 positive feedback (for small purchases) and are about 12 months old. As others have said, look for feedback on sales from the buyer. He must be opening up new accounts very often and building them up over a year. Quite a bit of work. He has now delisted latest items and relisted new ones after I reported this week. I know this sort of thing happens all the time but I just kind of want to make it too much effort for him to bother with sansui items....

Last edited:
I think of this seller as the son of Henry Louis because of the combination of Sansui and Accuphase listings, the Long Island address, and the “French” seller name. He has been listing under various seller names with an MO that differs somewhat drom his “fathers”. He is possibly Henry’s son with jazzmine(6).

Marc

Looks like it. It's hard to tell from the pictures, but I just checked that listing and it is a 100V JDM version shown (Kanji characters just barely visible on ID data plate), based on the rear panel shot. That is the case with much of the Sansui gear he lists. Also, the asking price is (to my mind) suspiciously low for the model being offered in that listing.

Has a QS-D1000 listed as well, this seems to be a component he always lists, but apparently never sells as it's been up there under several different accounts more times than I can remember for years now. There's no way he has unearthed that many QS-D1000.

He'll also typically list an SE-88 compu-equalizer, 100V version with the new (post June 1986) style Sansui logo on it. I don't see that one listed this time around as of this posting. Will keep an eye out for it.

This present user ID is of the name, underscore, number format and has many high end audio items on offer, with a low feedback (11) as of today so it follows the established pattern in most repsects.

Back
Top Bottom