Sansui SE7 any good?

c3conv

What is the purpose of using an equalizer? When and how does one know and choose a good equalizer?
Can we consider the SE7 a good equalizer?

I believe the SE-7 is an excellant EQ. I use one in my main system to compansate for room acoustics.
I use it with my AU/TU-719.
It has a level control feature. You can adjust it so when in use the volume level is the same as when not in use.

If you like to boost/cut midrange, and your amp only has bass and treble, you can do it with an EQ. Of course you can boost/cut other freqs also.

If you like a lot of lights than the SE-7 is not for you. No slider lights.

Rob

I also own the SE-7 and find it to be a great EQ - I sent flat signal out from my computer and let the SE-7 do the adjustments. I think it sounds better this way. Has anyone else experimented similarly?

...plus its just classy! :smoke:

I have met many claiming to be audiophiles that are shying away from equalizer. But it seems that from what you said it is a must for an audiophile since a listening room needs to be tuned for a better response or go through all the thousands of combinations before one gets the right matching amps, speakers wires etc. to get the best ballance to match the room. Please comment on this. thanks for the repply.

Robisme said:
It has a level control feature. You can adjust it so when in use the volume level is the same as when not in use.
Is this one way to check whether you have a good equalizer of course assuming the eq is working properly? Any other way to test if the EQ is a good one or not?

The SE-7 Has a 115dB signal to noise 10Hz-100Khz freq response, and the thing about audiophiles shying away from processors, used in the right way can bring good sounds and harmonics out, overuse can make it sound like crap(boom boxes, am radios, etc), just like the people who say dont use tone controls loudness and subsonic, its there for user/owner preference

Se-7, Se-8 Equalizers

c3conv said:
I have met many claiming to be audiophiles that are shying away from equalizer. But it seems that from what you said it is a must for an audiophile since a listening room needs to be tuned for a better response or go through all the thousands of combinations before one gets the right matching amps, speakers wires etc. to get the best ballance to match the room. Please comment on this. thanks for the repply.
WELL, I HAVE A SANSUI SE-8. I LOVE IT. I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT DIFFERENCES THERE MAY BE BETWEEN THE SE-7, AND SE-8, BUT, AS MENTIONED EARLIER, IT DEPENDS ON THE ROOM. A ROOM WITH A LOT OF SOFT MATERIAL, DRAPES, THICK CARPETING, STUFFED FURNATURE, IS MOST CERTAINLY NOT GOING TO HAVE THE SAME ACUSTICS AS ONE WITH HARDWOOD FLOORS, SOLID UPHOLSTERD FURNATURE, AND JUST PLAIN JANE CURTAINS. TRY IT. YOU1LL BE MAZED. CONGRATS ON THE SE-7

No individual slider lights, but each step is detented, unlike most that are just center detents. I like mine. I also like my Soundcraftsmen, SAE, Pioneer, Kenwood, & ADC EQ's. I'm not an "audiophile", I just like gear, and music.:banana:

Urizen said:
Welcome TOOBGLOW,.

Do us a favor, eh?

Take off your caps lock.

WELL, DO TO THE FACT THAT I AM USING CAPS ALL THE TIME, I WILL NOT POST ANYMORE ON THIS BOARD. I TRIED TO EXPLAIN IN A PREVIOUS POST, I AM NOT A YOUNGSTER AND AS A RESULT , HAVE VERY POOR EYESITE. BUT, THAT MATERS LITTLE TO SOME, SO, BYE BYE. ENJOY.:sigh:

Please watch your

Please refrain from educating new users who are not privy to a lot of 'internet protocol' with unkind or unfriendly words because, as you can see in his message above, this member wants to be able to read the messages -- and to do so comfortably he needs the messages in UPPER CASE.

So, lets be friendly and accomodate his needs just as you would anyone else with any difficulty using the forums.

Paul

Or, alternatively, you could (I'm guessing Internet Explorer) go to the View menu-> Text Size -> Largest
(so you can see it)

Courtesy To Others

I KNOW THAT AT TIMES IT IS NICE TO HELP OTHER USERS BECOME ACCOMSTOMED TO PROTOCOLS IN ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS, BUT ...

one needs to understand that jumping on someone who seems to be breaking a 'rule' that is clearly just protocol is wrong. At least it is here in the ES forum.

TOOBGLOW and I have communicated via PM and he is OK with staying around our forum. He just gets a little frustrated with the 'you are shouting' messages -- over and over. Perhaps TOOBGLOW can add someting to his signature line to let people know he has some difficulty reading standard type.

So, when you leave message for TOOBGLOW use some uppercase so he can more easily read what you are typing.

Paul

PS: I was shouting in that 1st paragraph :D

just bought a se-7 for 5 canadian dollars, there was also a technics stereo receiver SA-202, and a pair of coral cx5 speakers one of them had a blown woofer, he wanted fifty for all of it and ended up just getting the eq for 5 bucks

That was a steal. I rarely use mine, but it's there when I want it. I could use a couple more for my two other systems.

I have a SE9 and I love it. It has helped improve the compressed sound coming out of my Sirius receiver (satellite) and I love the fact that is has 4 presets. When I select one of the presets (rock, jazz...don't remember the other two - have to review my users manual:scratch2:) the slides move automatically (it has a internal motorized pulley system). I won it off the Goodwill auction site for under $20.00 US. I too had a lot of reservations about introducing a equalizer into my current home set up, but I don't regret it now!

My two cents!

Efa

Back
Top Bottom