Sansui SP5000 Speakers in Pomona, California

mech986

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Hi all,

I spotted a pair of Sansui SP-5000 speakers at Quality Thrift on Holt Street in Pomona, California. They are a heavy walnut cabinet, very sturdy looking and reasonably clean. They are big and have a 15 inch paper woofer with pleated surround (no foam), 2 x 6.5 mid woofers, 2 x 5 inch midrange, and 2 x small dome tweeters with small horn loading. They have the nice lattice grilles although one of them is loose and a bit dirty - looks like an easy fix. Rear controls are midrange and tweeter. They sounded decent although I understand they are not the best speakers in the world. Might be something for you Sansui afficianados out there - price is $99 for the pair at present (they mark down each week.

If you go there, yes, they have an Onkyo TX-5000 as their store stereo to test speakers and other components. It is missing one knob and has been written on with greasepencil. And yes, the NOT FOR SALE notation is real. I offered and they said many others have too and No, they will not sell it! Drat!

Thought someone out there might like the speakers.

Best Regards,

Bart (mech986)
Orange County

Back
Top Bottom