Sansui speakers

BULLWINKLE

Saw a pair of Sansui speakers at a local GW for $49. Model 3005, 8 ohm, 60 watts max. They look like end tables, almost missed them. Anybody heard of them and if they are any good? :scratch2:

Of course they are good! Go get 'em if you can! 15" woofer, two mids, two tweeters, and that famous lattice grille to make the wife crazy..........

Most folk here at AK don't jive with the Sansui speakers. They're typically labelled "Kabuki". So you probably will get a lot of less-than-positive replies.

Nonetheless, this doesn't mean they are bad- they may sound good. It'll be best to audition them yourself however, to see if they are a good speaker to your ears.

Can you try 'em out with an amp there at goodwill? See how you'd like them?

I've taken to carrying a small radio shack speaker with me to check out amps, and an iPod with a specific playlist as a source, and have thought of getting a small, portable battery operated t-amp. The battery-operated versions are much cheaper than the super-t, and would be a great way to test gear.

I'd give 'em a listen, as they may be good, possibly very good, but consensus usually says nay.

but consensus usually says nay.

Consensus is changing lately especially the models with 4 digits. . .Several haters have turned lovers. . .

Listen first before dismissing. . .you might be surprised.

gyusher said:
Consensus is changing lately especially the models with 4 digits. . .Several haters have turned lovers. . .

Listen first before dismissing. . .you might be surprised.

Yes, always listen for yourself before dismissing. The valued opinions here at AK are worth their weight in silver, but only your opinion is worth its weight in gold.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom