Sansui SR-636 protective film removal?

Discussion in 'Exclusively Sansui' started by PiotrekN, Jul 12, 2018 at 4:38 PM.

1. PiotrekN

PiotrekN New Member

Hi Everyone I noticed my Sansui SR-636 has some kind of plastic protective film over the metal panel with the buttons. I'd like to remove this film if possible, but I am worried about lettering and residue.
    Has anyone tried it? Is it safe to remove it?
    Thanks in advance!

Please register to disable this ad.

2. sKiZo

sKiZo Hates received: 8641 Subscriber

Nah ... go for it. That protective film should peel right off, usually in one piece. They use the same stuff on serial and model plates as well, so maybe check to see if you got something like that to practice on. In any case, metal plates like that will usually be embossed for durability.

... or not ... <G>

3. PiotrekN

PiotrekN New Member

Thanks! In this case the lettering seems to be only painted and does not look embossed... if it comes off with the film for some reason (it's been there 40 years after all) it would be a disaster and would ruin the turntable cosmetically, I definitely do not want to experiment on it...

BTW, of course an SR-838 would/might have the same type of protective film, so anyone with an SR-838 who has experience taking this film off the control panel please share.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2018 at 4:40 PM