Sansui SR-929

Sorry to bring this thread back from dead, but I´m closing a deal on a NOS Sansui SR-929. It would be my first Japanese TT! (The other ones I have a German/Swiss: Clearaudio Emotion, Revox B795, Thorens TD-126 MK2 and lenco L-75). Are there any known issues? How about headshells, are these available (original or replacements)? I´ve got no idea on the effective tonearm mass figure. Are there any recommended cartridges for this tonearm? Many thanks in advance for any input!

PS: I´ve seen that a few people use a Denon DL-304 with this TT, so I guess this is a good match?

SR 929 nos? where itr came from?
Headshells apear from time to time on ebay, or yahoo.jp . They show up but usually they are not in mint condition.
I use a denon dl 304 on mine with excellent results.

SR 929 nos? where itr came from?.

From surreal places like Argentina! This came from a Customs auction, after 30 years of retention in the central customs deposits, probably due to an infraction of the importer at the time and the very slow pace of the local Justice system (probably a long standing legal battle at the courts). Three SR-929 turntables in NOS condition, two of them have been sold already and I barely made it to the last one available!

I got mine also from ebay, silly money though. 2 of them came up all of a sudden.

I just picked up a headshell for one on the Bay for $31 in nice shape. Not too bad. The SR-838 shares the same headshell. Very nice turntables.

Sorry to bring this thread back from dead, but I´m closing a deal on a NOS Sansui SR-929. It would be my first Japanese TT! (The other ones I have a German/Swiss: Clearaudio Emotion, Revox B795, Thorens TD-126 MK2 and lenco L-75). Are there any known issues? How about headshells, are these available (original or replacements)? I´ve got no idea on the effective tonearm mass figure. Are there any recommended cartridges for this tonearm? Many thanks in advance for any input!

PS: I´ve seen that a few people use a Denon DL-304 with this TT, so I guess this is a good match?

Here she is!

It came with a NOS Stanton 680EE cart. I still have to play with the adjustable loadings on my Sonneteer Sadley phono preamp but even now the combo sounds great to my ears!

From surreal places like Argentina! This came from a Customs auction, after 30 years of retention in the central customs deposits, probably due to an infraction of the importer at the time and the very slow pace of the local Justice system (probably a long standing legal battle at the courts). Three SR-929 turntables in NOS condition, two of them have been sold already and I barely made it to the last one available!

Wow. I got my M-, 'complete', 929/838 headshell from Argentina. Arrived in the mail SUPER FAST too! Like within days. I was really surprised.

Back
Top Bottom