Sansui Stereo Control Amplifier C-2301

Buying from Japan... shipping is 'extremely expensive' even for just regular stuff. You have to really want the item to pay those shipping costs. Other guys here know much more about that than me, they have 'shipped' stuff, I haven't.

Shipping a big large 'heavy' power amp... wow. :) Bet shipping costs would be $2G+ (just guessing). Unless you just really want the 'item', cost being no problem, shipping will be costly. All I know is it's Very Expensive even for just regular amps. Check into it. And the amp better be 'super packaged' for the 12,000 mile trip!

You have a TOTL Sansui C-2301 pre-amp. If it was my pre-amp, I'd sell it for top dollar and get together a really nice Sansui rig: amp, SR-838, TT rack, tuner, etc. And use the money you would of spent for the amp and shipping for a beautiful pair of speakers and a quality CD Player. That's what I would do. Just a thought. :)

Another thing... that's one powerful amp!!! Do you live somewhere where you can even use it? Or do you live somewhere even safe enough to use it?? (I've had $6000 worth of stereo gear stolen). Believe me... that 'kind of top quality gear' is an 'invitation'.

If you live in a safe place, have the cash, get the matching power amp, speakers, etc. Also, something to think about is maybe contacting Aqua Audio Lab, in Japan, and find out how much they would charge to go thru the amp and restore it BEFORE it's sent to you internationally. It would arrive to you like a 'new amp'. Very Cool!!

Very best of luck!! :)

Last edited:
I have bought from Hifido and had good experiences both times. Both items were great deals, with very expensive shipping of course. Those guys are all pretty much hifi dealers there though, and they know how to pack. That along with the good deals I got offset the high shipping. Does not seem to be the case using the Yahoo helpers to buy from Yahoo Auction. That seems expensive based on the little research I just done.

I have bought quite a bit on Yahoo Japan using Rinkya as a broker. Been a good experience. Shippimg a heavy amp will be ~$400-500 (FedEx air). They pack well and will double box on request. You also have to pay a commission which can add up on expensive equipment. Pricing usually will not make up (cover the other costs) but for rare items sometimes the only source.

Back
Top Bottom