Sansui Turntable Repair?

Discussion in 'Exclusively Sansui' started by charles64, Oct 9, 2017.

1. charles64

charles64 reVox reGret

I went to spin a record today but my SR-717 TT just stopped working,like it's getting no power. Does anybody know where I could get it fixed in the Boston/Providence area?

2. larryderouin

larryderouin Do I get Food, Med's, or more gear this Month? Subscriber

Flip it over, open it up and check the 1A and 0.5A fuses on the POWER SUPPLY CIRCUIT BOARD (#30 on exploded diagram in S.M.) with an ohm-meter out of circuit for continuity. If blown replace with the same amperage, but you can use a 250V fuse. If either blows again, pack it up and have it repaired by a shop.
    Service and owners manuals are on Vinylengine. Free registration. https://www.vinylengine.com/library/sansui/sr-717.shtml

charles64 likes this.
  3. charles64

charles64 reVox reGret

Thanks Larry,I was thinking that too. I grabbed this picture offline-I'll probably have to wait until saturday-I'll let you know what happened.
    Sansui SR-717 Power Board.jpg

4. larryderouin

larryderouin Do I get Food, Med's, or more gear this Month? Subscriber

I'm thinking while you've got the board out go ahead and replace the caps while you're at it if you have them in stock. Also check the transistor (out of circuit) using the 6way testing. SEE this thread....... http://audiokarma.org/forums/index....-transistor-testing-basics.43186/#post-432830

The big transistor hanging off the wires will be probably bolted to a heatsink next to the power supply board. From everything I can figure from the manual the original is a 2sd313. Replace it with a KSC2073TU. There are 3 2sa726's on the control board. These are known troublemakers on the PIONEER Forum. Don't see them too much on Sansui gear. They would get replaced with KSA992's.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2017 at 8:48 PM
    charles64 and Hyperion like this.