Sansui U-S660

luaplerog

I picked up a pair of Sansui U-S660 speakers, but I can't find any information on them. There's only one other pair I found on Ebay. Any information would be appreciated.

Are these decent speakers?

Welcome to AK.
Are you sure that is the correct model number?
I don't find much if anything using Google.
Often times, but not always, when Google doesn't turn up much on a piece of audio gear, lack of info about something like that is due to it being low production or part of a rack system.

Last edited:
Welcome to AK.
Are you sure that is the correct model number?
I don't find much if anything using Google.
Often times, but not always, when Google doesn't turn up much on a piece of audio gear, lack of info about something like that is due to it being low production or part of a rack system.
Yep, 100% sure that it's the correct model number. Probably part of a rack system I guess. I wonder if they're any good...I'm going to plug them into my receiver in a bit and check them out.

OK, I thought maybe it was possibly not quite right and a simple correction might give more results online.
I saw some S-xxxU models for example, same characters but different order that's why I asked.
Depending on what if any other speakers you have you may very well be pleased with them
Heck give them a try, good luck.

OK, I thought maybe it was possibly not quite right and a simple correction might give more results online.
I saw some S-xxxU models for example, same characters but different order that's why I asked.
Depending on what if any other speakers you have you may very well be pleased with them
Heck give them a try, good luck.

Thanks for the response. I appreciate it. I do a lot of buying and selling of used/vintage audio gear. I recently purchased a Sansui g-5000 receiver and figured I'd get some speakers for it. I think I might end up keeping this set up if it sounds good.

I usually go on Audio Karma to find info on the items I'm buying and it's usually pretty easy to find info on the specific speakers/receivers, but this one is a mystery.

Anyway, thanks for the help.

A lot of online searches lead to this place, that's how many of us got here.
Friendly, helpful, and smart folks, willing to help out when they can.
Feel free to stick around, ask questions, offer advice, whatever.

My "wish list" is pretty small, but I really like a couple of the big Sansui's, the G-8000 and G-9000.

A lot of online searches lead to this place, that's how many of us got here.
Friendly, helpful, and smart folks, willing to help out when they can.
Feel free to stick around, ask questions, offer advice, whatever.

My "wish list" is pretty small, but I really like a couple of the big Sansui's, the G-8000 and G-9000.

I got really lucky with the sansui receiver. I found it at a thrift store and cleaned it up/ dropped it off with a friend who works on electronics. He just fixed it up for me and now it works like it's brand new. Sounds much better then the old fisher receiver I had before that.

Back
Top Bottom