Sansui XL-900C's in the house

steve65

Anybody here own a pair? These are similar in looks to the Yamaha NS-500M's and the 1000's. Only pair of speakers I've owned that were designed with no grills. They are too pretty to sell, mint condition except for on ding where one of them was dropped while in the box.

Attachments

• DSC03485.JPG
    DSC03485.JPG
    58.4 KB · Views: 77
  • DSC03486.JPG
    DSC03486.JPG
    64.5 KB · Views: 74
  • DSC03487.JPG
    DSC03487.JPG
    67.5 KB · Views: 72
Beautiful speakers. We don't have any examples in the Sansui Database. Please post the serial numbers. Click on the link in my signature block.

- Pete

I haven't even had a chance to listen to these yet, I do enjoy looking at them when I walk by, LOL. These will look good with a CA-3000 when I can find one...

I've read, in a few different sites, that the XL-900C is 'suppose' to be a really nice sounding & quality speaker system. Copied after Yamaha's of the period, I think it was. I'd have to look that up. Maybe JBLs. One or the other.

I've been constantly watching out for a pair for at least 11 years. They never come up for sale in USA. I've only once seen one pair of 900s for sale in Japan ever. Same with the XL-700C, in Japan, only once.

Rare in USA for sure, or... the folks that have them aren't selling them.

They were made well after the Coral era.

Last edited:
Ive got a pair, and I think I may have blown one of the tweeters since hooking them to a Marantz 1150D amp. I tried the 9v battery test and the suspected one didn't do anything. I don't know what else to try to make sure as I'm a rookie. They played fine with my 2240b forever. If it is unserviceable, what would be a good replacement? I don't care about the looks as they are mounted in a 1963 Packard Bell console.The sansui pn# is t-219 and they are 6ohm speakers...... thanks jeff

You may have blown a voice coil. ?

It's super hard to find 'individual' Sansui speakers for Rare Sansui speaker systems... Super really hard.

eBay & Yahoo Japan Sansui - daily. It may take 7+ years to find an original... you may find it tomorrow.

Rare speaker systems are a real pain for parts.

Don't know about a different replacement.

Good Luck!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom