SANSUII BA-3000 PROBLEMS

I am Steve and hiding it Massachusetts. LOL is internet "laugh out loud". I am old enough to know it was originally "little old lady"

Did you also snag some 200 ohm resistors to fool the protect board ?
AND I assume you did not solder a brick in yet ?

I was really beat to death. I just now got up to mow and it is almost NOON!! Yes, I have some 200 ohm resistors that I have set back for this purpose. I AM OFF TO MOW.

I am Steve and hiding it Massachusetts. LOL is internet "laugh out loud". I am old enough to know it was originally "little old lady"

Steve, for me it has always been Laugh Out Loud. You can't be much older than me, I am older than DIRT!

I believe I'm somewhere in between (67) I entered the electronic age when transistors were the thing, and tubes were sneered at by the young. It's amazing what you don't know when you're young....
BTW enjoy the dog avatars. We are down to 1 cat, but after I retire and we figure out where we will be living, I'm sure it will be more.

Last edited:
Mike Dirt is OLDER than you, by a great margin !

I should have said, I FEEL OLDER THAN DIRT! Some days are bad then some days are worse. When I started in electronics, which was about 1952 at the age of 9, my dad bought me a tube radio and I tore into trying to learn what made it tick. Here I am 65 years later and I'm STILL DOING THE SAME THINGS! I guess I just never grew up. I remember when transistors firs started to show up in consumer goods such transistor radios. I was amazed by them but the vocational school that I went to never got to anything about transistors by the time I graduate. I first started learning a little about what makes them tick while I was working as an apprentice technician in a radio/TV repair shop at the age of 16. The owner loved that I could fix most anything with tubes, especially all the radios that came in for repairs so that's all I did until I went into the service right out of vocational high school. Transistors are STILL an amazement to me but I won't quit trying to learn about them until I can't get out of the bed. Back to my mowing.

Transistors are (in principal ) nothing more than a tube without a filament..... Base is grid Collector is cathode emitter is plate BUT depending on design the last two will be reversed. AND getting common current flow vs hole theory sheesh.... Pluto is not a planet, a tomato is a fruit !

I am back now but I must take the day to get my mower cleaned up and serviced after the beating it took getting the property mowed yesterday. I also will be taking some of the time today to get all the 2507 driver boards ready to start testing. They are in pretty rough shape after all the problems I have been having with my two amps. I just want to be sure that they are ready to start the testing. I will also be cleaning the shop up a bit and moving my scope and signal generator over to the bench that I am working on. I will need to make room by cleaning things up.

Transistors are (in principal ) nothing more than a tube without a filament..... Base is grid Collector is cathode emitter is plate BUT depending on design the last two will be reversed. AND getting common current flow vs hole theory sheesh.... Pluto is not a planet, a tomato is a fruit !

They are still a mystery to me and a tomato to me is still a vegi.

So we pick up tomorrow? I would say get the scope, signal gen set up, and lets discuss power for the test gear AND grounding

So we pick up tomorrow? I would say get the scope, signal gen set up, and lets discuss power for the test gear AND grounding

I have already cleaned up MOST of the testing bench today AND moved the Leader generator and HP scope over to that bench. I also gathered up some connecting cables for both pieces of equipment. I did check the grounding situation. Everything here has the grounded plugs. DBT, Variac, Scope, Leader generator, HP Multimeter, etc. The only thing that I saw that didn't have a grounded plug on it is the Sansui BA-3000 Amp. I am headed upstairs to my shop up there to make sure that all of the 2507 Driver boards that I have are ready to be tested. I had purchased 2 off o an auction on ebay years ago that were in pretty bad condition but salvageable so I will make sure that all the bad traces on it are repaired and all bad parts that I know of are replaced. I will check in about NOON Central time tomorrow.

I am here now. It is 11:52 Central time now so I am 8 minutes early. I have the Leader generator on the bench on the bench now and the Tektronix 465B on it rolling cart next to the bench. I have two Tektronix test cables. One is a 10 Meg Ohm probe with a clip ground and a hook probe. The other one is marked 110X 2PF 10 MOHM.

Post pix of the setup and a CLOSE panel pix pf the leader

I thought I would check back to see if you woke up. I thought maybe you were going to take the weekend off. I wouldn't blame you Mike if you want to. I will go over right now and take pics of my current setup and be right back. I have an hour before I have to stop for dinner

Back
Top Bottom