SANSUII BA-3000 PROBLEMS

Hmmmm seems like the NEW zeners do not work in this application......"The 35 volt section was +47.9 and -47.8" I wonder what the 65 was doing) ..I'll bet it was WAY HIGH

When I checked the voltages I didn't check the 65 volt section as it always was the same as the big caps readings. Yes, I noticed the very high readings in the 35 volt section. We had better let whol made the cross ref. list know that the 1N5245BTR diode is not a good replacement for the RD-15E. Like I said, luckily I kept the originals. Did you still want me to get the voltages again with #1`-2508 only in the amp?

I want you to load a " fixed " 2507 and a GOOD reg board , back probing the amp out ( pre protect relay ) and see where we are at... 75 watt DBT

Ok, whatever happened to cause the speaker protection to start acting up is on the 2507 boards. As soon as I pulled the 2507 board out the speaker protection worked and the led lit up green. The voltages are as follows. The Big caps are +71.7 -71.7 (Variac is at 100 VAC), the B+- is +85.8 and -85.7. The 35 volt section is +35.3 and -35,0. The 65 volt section is +71.1 and -71.1.

Mike, I hate to say it but I am falling asleep in front of my computer. I didn't get to bed until 2 AM and I forgot that I had to drive my wife to the collision repair guy as she go rear ended while sitting at a stop light after getting here passenger air bag replace in her Suburu Outback. She needed me to drive with her and bring her home. She got me up at 6 AM for breakfast and I didn't get back to bed. Why don't we start off tomorrow tearing into the 2507 board for the problem after I get some sleep?

Which 2507's are unmodded that were working earlier or original zeners intalled
AND
Which number 2507 is el stinko ?

Which 2507's are unmodded that were working earlier or original zeners intalled
AND
Which number 2507 is el stinko ?

I hate to say it but 1 thru 3 2507's were working before I changed out the zeniers. I don't think I had the #3-2507 (with all new MF resistors) back in the amp after I changed the zeniers. I had literally changed ALL the zeniers in all 2507's and 2508's. When I get up in the morning I will go over to the shop and try #3-2507, which has had the original zeniers put back into it, and try it to see if it is still working. I will figure it out in the morning when my tired brain is thinking better than right now.

Good night!

I'm going to head over to the shop and see if I can find out what happened to the 2507 boards that had the 1N5245BTR zeniers installed in them and then tested. I will be back after dinner at about 18:30 hours Central time.

I fell asleep...
I fell asleep...

I know all about falling asleep. I fall asleep anytime that my brain isn't working on something. I fall asleep in front of the computer all the time. I fall asleep anytime I sit in a chair doing nothing. If you fell asleep you needed it.

I have been trying to figure out all that happened as a result of these darn replacement diodes. Here is what I have figured out so far. I will do my best to explain it to you. After putting all of the original veniers back into the 2507 boards and the 2508 boards any time that I have a 2507 board installed in the amp speaker protection is not working properly. If I pull the 2507 boards and put just either of the power supply boards in, speaker protection is back working again with the green light lit after start up. It kicks in at about 70 VDC. Once all I have in the amp is either of the 2508 boards I have lost the negative side of the 65 volt section and I have also lost the top leg of the negative side of the 35 volt section but still have the negative 35 volts on the two lower legs of the negative 35 volt section. The leg of the 35 volt section that isn't there is the leg that feeds the 2513 board. Here are the voltages for #1-2508. Big Caps have +71.9 and -71.9, B+- is +87 and -87, 65 volt section is +0 and -72.0, the 35 volt section has +35.3 and -35.0 except for the top leg. #2-2507 board has on Big Caps +71.5 and -71.5, B+- is +86.7 and -86.5, the 65 volt section is +0 and -71.2, and 35 volt section is +34.0 and -31.7 except for the top leg. That's what I have found so far.

Back
Top Bottom