Sanui AU-Alpha907 Limited - IN DA HOUSE!!!

skippy124

Hi,

Whilst I have had the pleasure of having a number examples of high end Sansui gear from the 70's and, to a lesser extent, the 80's, come across the work bench, I never expected to have an AU-Alpha907 Limited end up in front of me. It is not mine, it is in for a health check, and an assessment of what preventative maintenance that should be carried out (if any) to ensure a trouble free future with it's new owner. To think that there was only 2000 of these made, and one is now sitting in my family room at home, just somewhat blows me away!!

Enough of the talk - some initial photos (more will be taken as I get into this beast)

Did I mention that I am excited!!!

This will also be going over to my son (pete_mac) for part of its check over, did I mention that he is excited too!!

More photos to follow

Cheers

John

THANKS for sharing with pictures. This thing exudes audiophile and high class like nothing else I have seen. I cant wait to hear an assessment of its audio qualities.

P.s Why on earth would Pete be exited, I just don't get it :D

Last edited:
I like that it has only one pair of speaker outputs. Beautiful amp!

What year was this amp made? Is it a Japan only model?

My 2005 Orion Blue Book lists an "AU-X907 MRX" manufactured 1998, 160 wpc, with list price $4000. Wonder if/how it is related to the AU-alpha907?

Last edited:
Alpha 907 Limited

Magnificent and arguably the best integrated Sansui ever made. I can't wait to have you fill us in on how it sounds. One question though, what will you be using for a service manual? I believe that the closest you might come is one for the AU X1111 mos vintage. Any pdf of a service manual, which most likely be in Japanese, would be appreciated. Enjoy!

Marc

WOW, that's something, skippy. just a friendly note, as a professional you should know that there're things that happen with even amps and make them unrepairable, making them just a pile of metal for their owners... gotcha ;)

Last edited:
That is one beautiful amp. What size are those power caps? Says has a rise time of .5. That's mighty fast

Back
Top Bottom