Sanyo amplifier DCA 611 popping sound

Palmarsur

Hello everyone:

I have a Sanyo stereo amplifier model DCA 611 which is giving me a problem on the right channel only. Since a couple of days ago i hear some sudden popping sounds coming out of the mentioned channel even with the volume control in the zero position, i also noticed that when i look at the power output meters it seems that the right channel marks a little bit more output than the left one.

The unit is about 40 years old and the it got serviced only one time because the power output IC's had to be replaced.

Any idea of what could be causing the issue?

Thanks in advance

After you clean the controls - go to hifiengine.com and look for the service manual.

This is most likely a small signal transistor dying in the power amp stage (as its not affected by your volume control).

If its a non-discrete unit that uses STK or similar output module (instead of output transistors) you may have output module issues, if you cant replace it, it may be time to say bye-bye to your unit.

After you clean the controls - go to hifiengine.com and look for the service manual.

This is most likely a small signal transistor dying in the power amp stage (as its not affected by your volume control).

If its a non-discrete unit that uses STK or similar output module (instead of output transistors) you may have output module issues, if you cant replace it, it may be time to say bye-bye to your unit.

Hello:

Thanks for your response. I will do as suggested. It's good that i ordered some time ago a pair of output modules. This unit uses the Darlington Power Pack STK 0059 module. Maybe i will order another pair in order to have some replacement parts. Luckily i found them in ebay.

I will post as soon as the problem gets resolved.

Back
Top Bottom