1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice

sanyo JCX-2900K or Pioneer sx-850

Discussion in 'Tuners' started by 2spike, Aug 16, 2018.

1. 2spike

2spike Member

Which one should i get, sanyo is in excellent shape and so is 850. The 850 is 450.00 and the sanyo is 300.00

Please register to disable this ad.

2. RxDx

RxDx Speaker collector Subscriber

Those are receivers, so you'll probably get more feedback in the solid state forum.

3. holyman772

holyman772 Super Member

I’d go with the Sanyo.

Bruno Primas likes this.
  4. lissenup

lissenup Active Member

I have the 2900K and think it is a great receiver. Never heard any Sanyo from that or the Plus range sound anything but powerful and satisfying.

Bruno Primas likes this.
  5. lilwing

lilwing CAGE FREE AUDIO ZOO Subscriber

the Sanyo is 120 wpc true dual mono amp. It's beautiful. Sort of scarce.
    The 850 seems to have that much power however it's rated half. 60 wpc. Nonetheless it will blow yer brains out.
    They both have great tuners but I'll give that edge to the Pioneer.
    I'm partial to both.

6. Brentsui

Brentsui New Member

As an owner of a Sanyo 2600k and a Pioneer sx1050 I vote get the Sanyo. The 2900k is totl and hard to come by. You can always pick up an sx 850 or higher up the chain if you later decided the Sanyo wasn’t to your liking. You may not get another chance at the Sanyo.

Bruno Primas likes this.

Please register to disable this ad.

7. stereofisher

stereofisher For the Love of the Music Subscriber

Sanyo have always been sleepers used to be a dealer for them. Never had anything bad. Even their lower watt receivers were good. Had several go across my bench this year. They did not disappoint. Not familiar with this Sanyo though. Have a Sanyo built Fisher I got here on Bartertown. Rated at 75 watts per Chanel. It was $200. Well worth it. Great receiver, it’s a sleeper too. More power than the SX 850, which I had several.

The Pioneer 850 is a good receiver. Always like them. Had three when they were cheap. Those days are over. Today you pay a Pioneer/Marantz tax. With that in mind, I would vote for the Sanyo! Well made. Good luck in your choice.

Eric

Bruno Primas likes this.
  8. swamppirate

swamppirate Addicted Member

Sanyo hands down.