Sanyo Plus D60 Spindle replacement solution?

rocknroller

Spent a couple hours removing melted belts and putting a new set on only to realize the left and right spindles had completely denigrated. So the axle and surrounding spring were turning but nothing to catch the reels of the tape. I think my chances of finding the original sanyo parts are zilch (I can't even find a donor D60 for sale. Alternate solution? Do they make sell a generic spindle that fits many models? The only other deck I have here is a Teac V909 (with it's own issues) but that spindle is quite different. It seems to be an all in one all the way out to the tip, whereas on the sanyo the tip is removable and the spindle would have slid on and then put the tip back on to lock it.

I have never seen that in all my years of repairing decks, have you got a photo?
Sanyo tended to use their own mechanisms, or at least ones that were not used by others. I would have over 100 different spindles here, not that shipping is likely to be an option anyway, but I'm sure that with the sheer number of designs out there that none of the ones I have in my deck graveyard would actually fit.
Going to be a hard road, you may end up finding your answer in a most obscure place.
Cheers
Tony

I have never seen that in all my years of repairing decks, have you got a photo?
Sanyo tended to use their own mechanisms, or at least ones that were not used by others. I would have over 100 different spindles here, not that shipping is likely to be an option anyway, but I'm sure that with the sheer number of designs out there that none of the ones I have in my deck graveyard would actually fit.
Going to be a hard road, you may end up finding your answer in a most obscure place.
Cheers
Tony

See pics. hard to get to focus though!Sanyo (1).JPG Sanyo (2).JPG Sanyo (3).JPG

You're right, very hard to get focus.
Maybe a shot of the mechanism out of the deck (front and rear) might help someone identify it and point to a source of spares.
You may have to remove the spindles from the deck and keep them as a reference to find a replacement.
Cheers
Tony

s-l1600.jpg

This is what they should look like

Sanyo Plus D-60.jpeg Ciao ragazzi, ho lo stesso problema con il mazzo stezza, i mandrini sono spariti, qualcuno sa dove trovare un rimpiazzo?

Hi guys I share my repair, I found identical spindles removed from a scrapped grundig c-410 recorder ... the deck works perfectly

Back
Top Bottom