Sanyo TP 1010, just nabbed one

im waking up this thread because i have one of these players with the little weight on the side of the bearing assembly missing.
i could make one pretty easy if i knew how much i weighs
Sorry for the late response; I picked up this turntable last week. I'll throw it on the measuring scale tonight and get you a number!

Hello all,

I just got back from picking up a turntable. It's a Sanyo TP 1010. Not the greatest quality, but it seems to be no slouch either. I figure I can have some fun trying to install some damping material in the base. Mostly I think that the arm looks pretty good. I do not, however, have any idea what the little weight hanging off the left side of the bearing assembly is for. I've seen them on other turntables, but not one that I've used. Unfortunately, Vinyl Engine does not appear to have the manual for this turntable. That's a real shame, especially because I can't figure out how I'm supposed to remove the platter. I figure it should just pull right up and out, but it wont budge. Any insights?

For $15, I think I did alright, and I've been jonesing for an auto return table to compliment my AR.

Jack

That is a SCROE! Good basic table. I owned one back in the early 80's. How is the cuing drop on yours? Mine was terrible, it dropped fast and hard.

I have recently obtained a sanyo tp1010 for free, i replaced the belt, and it usually plays okay but sometimes when I move the tonearm over the platter doesn't move and I have to give it a little nudge, then it plays fine. I have already checked to make sure the belt is not slipping. any ideas?

Repl
I have recently obtained a sanyo tp1010 for free, i replaced the belt, and it usually plays okay but sometimes when I move the tonearm over the platter doesn't move and I have to give it a little nudge, then it plays fine. I have already checked to make sure the belt is not slipping. any ideas?

Replace the belt. These Sanyos are sleepers. We’re a good bang for the buck. As were their receivers and car stereos in the 70s!

I assume you are nudging the platter? A new belt as mentioned but could be a motor issue as well. However, some basic maintenance would go a long way here …. I'm not sure if these have a hole next to the motor spindle for oil but try to oil the motor. If no hole, a couple drops nex to the shaft, pull it up and rotate by hand. Pull and clean the platter spindle and re-oil. Clean the motor spindle and belt path. There will be a microswitch inside that is activated by moving the tonearm off its rest and towards the platter. It may need cleaning with Deoxit or similar. There's an adjustment procedure for the microswitch laid out in the service manual - you might go through that. While you are inside the turntable clean the speed control pots and the speed selection switch adjust the trimpots on the speed control board as described in the service manual.

Manuals are here: https://www.vinylengine.com/library/sanyo/tp-1010.shtml

I assume you are nudging the platter? A new belt as mentioned but could be a motor issue as well. However, some basic maintenance would go a long way here …. I'm not sure if these have a hole next to the motor spindle for oil but try to oil the motor. If no hole, a couple drops nex to the shaft, pull it up and rotate by hand. Pull and clean the platter spindle and re-oil. Clean the motor spindle and belt path. There will be a microswitch inside that is activated by moving the tonearm off its rest and towards the platter. It may need cleaning with Deoxit or similar. There's an adjustment procedure for the microswitch laid out in the service manual - you might go through that. While you are inside the turntable clean the speed control pots and the speed selection switch adjust the trimpots on the speed control board as described in the service manual.

Manuals are here: https://www.vinylengine.com/library/sanyo/tp-1010.shtml
it appears a little oil did the trick, thanks

I’m picking one of these up tomorrow,sounds like it’s a good table,it works perfect and he went through it. Cleaned it, installed new belt, new needle, and adjusted the weighted tone arm.

Back
Top Bottom