Saturday Tunes

9:09PM - Jamming to one of my favorite bands...
Concrete Blonde - "FREE" on super-stun volume. :rockon:

mOOn

Dave,
I didn't like Black Keyes but Claire Holley is fantastic!Picked up Natalie Merchant Live @ Cash Converters tonite!!

Alan

Your absolutly right Alan. Claire Holley is a must have and I shoulda passed on Black Keys. Listened to 'Dandelion twice last night - good stuff!! :thmbsp:

-Dave

Dave,
Don't feel bad I read the blurb for Black Keyes too and thought,wow a throw back to old blues singers.I traded it in the next week.

A live Quicksilver bootleg I downloaded and made listenable from
1970 at Winterland. Good Stuff!

Carl

"The Last Waltz" on VHS by The Band, but about to switch over to "The Blues" on PBS

I've started by exercising the Onk T-9 tuner in the PA5001/C-2/CF150 system.
It is an 'old farts' channel, so I know most of the tunes ... :cool:

Giving a listen to recent purchase from CDBaby -

CARLOS GUITARLOS - 'Straight From The Heart'

Blues at its best, this one will have a permanent spot in my rotation. :thmbsp:

-Dave

Blues

Cold wet day here inNorthern Ontario perfect for assorted blues;

Paul Butterfield next up Albert King :)

John Stewart - Airdream Believer playing now. This is a great compilation of John's best with Johnny Cash, Roseanne Cash, Nanci Griffith, Sara Hickman and the Kingston Trio helping out.

-Dave

Just finished side one of The Kinks To The Bone the British single LP release on vinyl. It arrived safely in the mail today.

on to side two. :)

Earlier this morning it was Let it Bleed on reel.

I'll be starting part 2 of my Sat. tunes. Part 1 was playing the rest of the lp's I purchased last weekend. I had to exchange 1 so when I took it back, well... So now I have my second copy of Jimi
Plays Berkeley, and as we got chatty, I bought Experience Hendrix, Duke Ellington and John Coltrane, and John Coltrane My Favorite Things. I think this one is too cool, tracks:
Side1
1)My Favorite Things 13:41
2)Everytime We Say Goodbye 5:39
Side2
1)Summertime 11:31
2)But Not For Me 9:35
This one's an original they bought in a lot. Feel like I won a small contest or something.:)
Tubes nice and warm now,
Carl

JJ Cale 'Live' up first this morning on my new tube rig!:huge:

Steve Earle 'El Corazon' up next then its off to work for a bit.

-Dave

Back
Top Bottom