Save new family members

Too bad you an't listen to both at the same time!
Very nice!
Now track down a wood case for the 2270. It's worthy of the effort. I think Asalah on bartertown can make you one. The one I got from him for my 4400 is glorious.
What model AR's is that?

Nice! Both pretty close in power. Which one sounds better to you so far?

Since this is my first time having a Sansui and Marantz I wanted to take time to learn the sound signatures between the two. To start off both of these are really good sounding receivers. It took me a little bit of the to tell the differences between the two.

The Marantz highs were sharp and lows were punchy. The mids were a little subdued.The overall sound was "sparkley" to me.

The Sansui's highs weren't as sharp. The lows were much fuller. The overall sound was super smooth.

I know this might sound funny but listening to the Sansui 7070 smooth sound actually put a smile on my face. It is much more enjoyable to me. The Marantz has a different sound and is good also but I don't think I could listen all day like the Sansui.

Hope this helps people get an idea between the two.

Too bad you an't listen to both at the same time!
Very nice!
Now track down a wood case for the 2270. It's worthy of the effort. I think Asalah on bartertown can make you one. The one I got from him for my 4400 is glorious.
What model AR's is that?
Haha yeah the both are great prices of work. How much is he charging? I plan on trying to make one myself since this beauty deserves it. They are the
AR-4X.

What would you guys recommend for a bigger floor speaker for those recievers? I want a bigger pair for my medium sized living room. I listen to mostly jazz and blues. I know people say Larger Advents and maybe the Ar2x? I do want something that is sonically enjoyable and not just loud. I do prefer the vintage look but if new speakers are better than I can save for those.

Back
Top Bottom