Saw an awesome Leon Redbone Show on Saturday

JDaniel

I've always been a fan of Leon Redbone, and his New Orleans, ragtime/vaudeville type jazz. I saw him about 20 years ago in Boone, NC. And I was fortunate to see him again over the weekend. The show was in a 240 seat venue (a public library theater). The music was fantastic. And his sense of humor was as funny as his music was great. He played for an hour and 20 minutes. He came back for one encore of "harvest moon".

It was just leon with his guitar, a truly gifted piano player, and a coronet (sp?) player. I was third row, center stage, perhaps 25' away. All for $15 too!!

If you like this style music, and ever get a chance to see the man, take my recommendation and go. You may remember him as a regular on Sat. Night Live in its glory days (late 70s early 80s). He was also the voice of the "This Bud's for you" commecials back then.

JD

Yes, I remember when his "On the Track" album came out back in the late 70's- "My Walking Stick", "Marie", etc.., great stuff!

I did see him at a small club back in '81 with my two older brothers- I was only 17 at the time- my brothers had some reservations about taking me since I was under 18 and thought we might have problems getting me admitted into the place, but it was OK.

By the way- his Christmas album is fantastic too!

Regards,

B/F

Back
Top Bottom