Saw this car

Thatch,
You know neither the girl or the red jump suit comes with it.

- Pete

Yeah Don those Toyota's really suck. All those painless hassle free miles, high resale value, fuel efficient, etc.. Jesus who would want THAT?? Get yourself a Chrylser instead, or even better a Kia and get to know your service manager on a first name basis. Hell you can even help put his kids through college.

BTW, this isn't a slight on NA manufacturing. Toyotas and Hondas of the highest quality are built in both the US and Canada. In fact Toyota is putting a new plant up here in Ontario where they'll build the RAV4.

Mike

Well,I see its called the Allesandro Volta.Its another hybrid like the Prius.It has 408 horsepower,and its supposed to do 0-60 in 4 seconds.And it gets 31 miles to the gallon!!!!!!I wonder if it will ever make it to production in the states?
Jimmy

It looked a bit like a XKE, a Ferrari and a 240Z. And with one of those you could get a better looking woman than the one in the prison rompers.

It hasn't even got flames on the bonnet, sexy bee-sting arial or detail stripes on the side!!

On a side note, I would have to sell both kidneys (and fit a pool cleaner) just to pay for the deposit :cry:

I hate Leno....cant stand him no more...But that is a nice car...I read somewhere that the Buick line nowadays is one of the best built cars...amazing isnt it?

Yeah, especially considering Buick is in deep doo-doo, maybe about to go the way of Oldsmobile.-Sandy G.

The car: Looks better than my Toyota Camry :thmbsp:
The chick: won't kick her out of my bed should she be there by miracle
The snow: Sure can use some. It is 100 degrees outside.

I would rather have one of these.

:banana:
2005 Ford GT
Starting MSRP $139,995

* Mid-Engine/Rear Wheel Drive Platform
* All Aluminum Hand-built 5.4L Supercharged Modular DOHC V8 Engine
* Ricardo 6-Speed Transaxle
* 18" Front/19" Rear Wheels
* All Aluminum Space Frame
* All Aluminum "super-plastic-formed" Body Panels
* Aluminum Doors that Wrap Into the Roof
* Extensive use of Carbon Fiber
* Precision-cast Aluminum Double Wishbone SLA Suspension with Coil Over Shock/Springs
* Carbon Fiber Underbody Aerodynamic System
* Racing-inspired Interior Design Finished in Leather
* "FORD GT" Side Tape Stripes Along Lower Body Sides
* Optional Painted Racing Stripes (hood, roof and rear hatch)

POWERTRAIN/FUNCTIONAL GT

Brakes

Brembo® vented discs with 4 piston calipers (painted black) with ABS.

Engine

All aluminum (block, cylinder heads, connecting rods, pistons) hand-built, modular, 5.4L V8 DOHC, supercharged.

Last edited:
I'm with you Mike Bama. The GT40 is everything I've wanted in a car since I was kid. Speed Racer styling....glass covered headlights....big V8 behind me....no room for kids. Is the Toyo a better, more reliable car? yeah probably. But give me the GT40 anyday!

I love that Ford GT!I always loved the look of the old GT 40,and this seems to have the performance of the old one,too,but without A.J. Foyt or Dan Gurney behind the wheel.I wanna pull into the McDonalds drive thru in it,and order ONE french fry. :D
Jimmy

I know where there is a Ford GT for sale- I have laid my own bleary eyes on it- Ken Wilson Ford in Asheville, N.C. Last I heard it was up to $275,000. Thing came up to my waist-I wondered how an overweight arthritic like me would get OUT of it much less get into it...the local Ford dealer got picked in the lottery to sell one-I think he made $50K just for shuffling some papers, & never even had to fool w/the car.-Sandy G.

Come on, this is a hybrid with balls and damned good looking. Granted if you can afford to pay for this the price of gas isn't one of your worries but this is a view to the future. Gas is never going to be cheap again, we do need to think about pollution and this looks like a really fun car.

Back
Top Bottom