Saying goodbye to a family member today.

Denten

Addicted Member
My English bulldog Daisy has been a loving part of my family for 9 1/2 years, I always knew a Bulldogs life expectancy was only 8 years, so I feel blessed to have had her in my life for this long.
Daisy has been struggling with arthritis in her back legs for some time now, her hart is failing and she has become bloated with shallow breathing, also she is wetting the bed at night.
My wife and I have been down this road before, it's not easy, that's for sure, but we have to be strong and do what's best for Daisy, her appointment is in one hour. :(

Good bye my beautiful kind friend, you will be missed.:hug:

I feel for you. Think of all the good times you spent with her and how lucky you are to have been receiving her love throughout her life.
She will be thankful to you to go with dignity.

I'm sorry Denten for this day, but you have had many joyful ones prior. Daisy loves you and counts on you to take care of her needs, this is just part of her needs today. Give her a hug for me please.

So sorry for your loss. I have been through it before and it never gets easier. You are doing the right thing and being a responsible pet owner, God bless.....:angel:

My first, I have way too many of these boxes. Lobo was the best dog I ever had. All of my dogs were rescues, Lobo and his other 4 week old siblings were brought into the shelter as my wife and I were looking at dogs. Held Lobo and one of his siblings in one hand they were so small at just 4 weeks, we chose well. Even at so young Lobo never had an accident in the house, he was very private about his duties. From about three months old until his later yrs we never saw Lobo releave himself, we had a dog door and land he could run on. Apparently he just didn't want to soil his yard, so the woods it was for him.

We were very fortunate, large dogs don't usually make it to 15, I miss my friend every day, Lobo would run with me on my bike rides, losing him took all the fun out of riding for me.

My Bearded Collie friend.
15275178896721114887430.jpg

1527518566867-1756850168.jpg

Thanks guys, man that was tough, I'm still in shock. Coming home and seeing her toys and food dish was hard.
The vet said her abdomen was full of fluid and it was "time". We did the right thing, still hurts like hell though. :(

Heartbreak. My dog tore a tendon in her right rear leg. Surgery was scheduled. I took her in for a pre-surgery x-ray and routine bloodwork. Bloodwork came back with poor markers in her liver. An ultrasound was scheduled. She has a mass on her pancreas, some abnormalities in her liver, and a large cyst in a kidney. Surgery was cancelled. I'm in a dilemma as what to do. They can do a biopsy on the liver and pancreas, the cyst could be addressed too. Although she is 11, she is very energetic, sometimes acts and plays like a puppy. I could do nothing, and let her go on her own, or do biopsy's and see if it's treatable with medications or surgery. I went through this on another dog, spent $1600.00 to keep the dog alive for 2 days, before we had to put her down. Right now, she's fine, if it wasn't for the tendon issue, I would of not known of the other issues.

Oh no, tell me that this is not true...

Denten - I mentioned several times in the past how much I like(d) Daisy.

Hug you!

These are the types of threads I hate viewing the most but, I understand why members post them. You are in our prayers Denten, and take solace in knowing that your beloved companion is no longer suffering and that the love and affection you felt for each other is eternal.

Back
Top Bottom