Saying goodbye to my M-4

jhal

Titanium Bliss
As I sit here typing this, I am listening to this amp hooked up to my Canton speakers I use with my computer being driven by my H/K integrated amp in the same system used as a preamp.

The reason? Someone is on their way to buy the M-4. I have it set up to demo. The person is knowledgeable about audio and may even be a member of this site.

This amp sounds so good, I don't want to let it go now. Maybe he will "no show". I had to tell someone, and only you guys and gals can understand.

It must go to a new home though, money it tight, hours at work are down, and it has been sitting unused for several months. I recently replaced the lamps with LED's and checked to make sure everything is within spec. I hope the new owner enjoys it and takes care of it.

Sheesh, it's only a piece of gear. But still.

The buyer just picked it up.:tears: I only had to play a couple of songs for him to be wowed :music:. Printed the owners manual for him as well.

"Textbook" Craigslist transaction, if there is such a thing.

I told him about this site, he had never heard of it and may join.

I didn't see it in Bartertown..

I was trying to keep from having to pack and ship it, especially during this time of year. I was considering it though, after some of the insulting offers I got until today.

Also, up until recently there was another M-4 listed in Bartertown. I didn't think it was in the spirit of AK and good manners to compete with another member.

M-4's show up for sale fairly regularly. Maybe things will pick up for you soon and you'll be able to buy another one. :thmbsp:

I was trying to keep from having to pack and ship it, especially during this time of year. I was considering it though, after some of the insulting offers I got until today.

Also, up until recently there was another M-4 listed in Bartertown. I didn't think it was in the spirit of AK and good manners to compete with another member.

Good points...Packing and shipping sux.
up until recently there was another M-4 listed in Bartertown
It should arrive here tomorrow for the refresh/refurb.

M-4's show up for sale fairly regularly. Maybe things will pick up for you soon and you'll be able to buy another one. :thmbsp:

I think they do show up often enough because they were a best seller of sorts, seem somewhat prolific in the market, are generally under appreciated, and some just don't realize what a sweet little 120WPC amp they are. Lest someone think they show up often for other reasons...

I sold my 2nd backup M-4 only to save space and pass along the joy.

I think they do show up often enough because they were a best seller of sorts, seem somewhat prolific in the market, are generally under appreciated, and some just don't realize what a sweet little 120WPC amp they are. Lest someone think they show up often for other reasons...

I sold my 2nd backup M-4 only to save space and pass along the joy.

Not to mention that , the 120 wpc channel is vary conservative rating.The last 4 or 5 I've worked on were 160+ wpc @ 8Ω before clipping.

I totally understand. I sold a fully serviced B-2 and instantly regretted it. I needed the cash.

But I have another one, with better cosmetics and it will take a spa trip once I have a M-4 for backup!

I know what you mean.I sold a set of drivers because money was tight and didn't think I would ever use them to their full potential.I new I would regret at some time and sure enough.I can never replace for the price they go for.3k+.

Just to give you some comfort, i can assure you that all amplifiers sound the same. :yes:

Just to give you some comfort, i can assure you that all amplifiers sound the same. :yes:

I hate to be contrarian, but even I (not a golden ear by any stretch!) can hear differences among some amplifiers I have listened to critically. That's amplifiers running off the same pre-amp/sources ... Perhaps I did not understand what you meant.

Last edited:
I hate to be contrarin, but even I (not a golden ear by any stretch!) can hear differences among some amplifiers I have listened to critically. That's amplifiers running off the same pre-amp/sources ... Perhaps I did not understand what you meant.

I think he meant it as a joke.....

Whoa.. say WHAT? It's obvious you don't or haven't ever herd a Yamaha B-4. I've got some good Crown pro series amps that I put on the shelf after listening to this one.

I just blew out a channel in my M-4 - my fault - so I bought a M-2 to replace until the M-4 is back in working condition. One of them will go to my daughter for her HT system with a pair of DQ-10s I bought for her for the season thing.

Surely you are kidding or a T R O L L. :sigh:

)))) HONEY ((((.... Get me a broom ... there's a troll in the room.

Booo,

Bob

When a guy gets a divorce, you tell him that all women are the same and she wasn't anything special. If you tell him she was one of a kind you make the guy feel miserable. Sorry Jhal. I tried.

Back
Top Bottom