saying hi from Brooklyn

Saxman73

I'm a new member here, a jazz musician and an audiophile. I live in Brooklyn but grew up in Paris, France.

I have a Garrard 401 turntable with a Magnepan Unitrac arm (Shure V15-III cartridge and JICO stylus), a Fisher X-100-3 amplifier and Rogers JR 149 speakers. In the digital world, I have a mac mini server with a Wavelength Brick V3 DAC and an Arcam FMJ23 CD player. I was recently profiled in the Stereophile series Musicians as Audiophiles.

I listen to quite a bit of vinyl, jazz, classical, pop and else. I'm pretty eclectic.

Three years ago, the support of the audiophile community helped make a vinyl pressing of my album "The Turn" a reality. "The Turn" made a few "best of" lists for 2014 (LA Times, Boston Globe, DownBeat) and was also favorably reviewed in Stereophile and Analog Planet.

I recently recorded a new album, "No Filter", a project I co-lead with my old friend - and fantastic guitarist - Greg Tuohey. Like "The Turn", this record was recorded live to two track 1/2 inch tape at 30 ips by James Farber at Sear Sound. It will be mastered and cut to vinyl directly from the tape by Bernie Grundman but 96/24 downloads will also be available, as well as CDs. In case anyone is interested, the Kickstarter for that is here.

I am also happy to answer any and all questions and glad to be here.

Jerome Sabbagh
www.jeromesabbagh.com

I'm a new member here, a jazz musician and an audiophile. I live in Brooklyn but grew up in Paris, France.

I have a Garrard 401 turntable with a Magnepan Unitrac arm (Shure V15-III cartridge and JICO stylus), a Fisher X-100-3 amplifier and Rogers JR 149 speakers. In the digital world, I have a mac mini server with a Wavelength Brick V3 DAC and an Arcam FMJ23 CD player. I was recently profiled in the Stereophile series Musicians as Audiophiles.

I listen to quite a bit of vinyl, jazz, classical, pop and else. I'm pretty eclectic.

Three years ago, the support of the audiophile community helped make a vinyl pressing of my album "The Turn" a reality. "The Turn" made a few "best of" lists for 2014 (LA Times, Boston Globe, DownBeat) and was also favorably reviewed in Stereophile and Analog Planet.

I recently recorded a new album, "No Filter", a project I co-lead with my old friend - and fantastic guitarist - Greg Tuohey. Like "The Turn", this record was recorded live to two track 1/2 inch tape at 30 ips by James Farber at Sear Sound. It will be mastered and cut to vinyl directly from the tape by Bernie Grundman but 96/24 downloads will also be available, as well as CDs. In case anyone is interested, the Kickstarter for that is here.

I am also happy to answer any and all questions and glad to be here.

Jerome Sabbagh
www.jeromesabbagh.com

Welcome to AK . I did read that Stereophile article and was interested how you like the Bent preamp . As I use a DIY Bent TAP X in my system ..

Thanks @enginedr! Yes, I think it's very good. At the moment, my Citation II blew a tube and that's what I use the Bent preamp with, so I'm back to the Fisher integrated. Also, I'm evaluating mastering tests from Bernie Grundman for my next record and it's best to stick to the gear I know best for that. But I'm hoping to put the Bent and Citation II back in the system soon.

Update: we are definitely going with the tube lathe for the vinyl! While both versions of the test track sounded very good, the one made with the tube lathe sounds better tonally, more involving, more realistic. I can't wait to hear the whole record like this!

One day left on the Kickstarter ...

Hi,

In case you are interested, I reviving this thread to let everyone know that "No Filter" is now available on all analog vinyl, R2R, CD, hi res download, streaming etc ... We have some nice reviews so far. Here is one that just came out in The absolute Sound:

Attachments

• The Absolute Sound_issue 295_July 2019.jpeg
    The Absolute Sound_issue 295_July 2019.jpeg
    30.7 KB · Views: 3
Back
Top Bottom