Saying hi from Toronto, Canada

pmartel60

Hi all;

Was on here a few years back and just haven't been on for a while so reregistered

My system is a Marantz 2230 with a Thorens TD160 T/T and shure ME95HE cartridge feeding a pair of Athena S3's and Koss Pro 4AA titanium headphones.

Of late my source is a Macbook pro using a Focusrite Scarlett 8/18 as a DAC to the Marantz.

WHY a Focusrite?? I have gotten into doing sound recording. Years back, I decided why be an audiophile unless you know what's involved in making a recording. This was in 1989 and was using beta hi-fi as my recorder. Mikes at that time were Audio Technica AT801's omni directionals spaced pair fed to a Boss BX800 mixer onto my Sony SLHF400. The sound I had was STUNNING, the only thing si now I read the specs on the AT801's and well, not thrilled.

Jumping ahead to 2017, I now use Rodes NT5 mics fed to the Focusrite 2i2 recording at 96khz/24bit.

At some point I am trying to create that audiophile record label of the 21st century putting the art back into recording.

I have been an audiophile since the late 70's and now taking sound to a new and different level

Back
Top Bottom