SB done on Cr-1020 now broken. Ideas?

In the mean time if you still have access. measure the resistance of the 4 resistors in circuit. Just to verify they are still serviceable.

Locations look OK.
Ok so after tearing it apart again. I think i'm going to need replacement power and capacitor boards. The TIP41C that reads incorrectly has a broken trace connection on the board under the solder. Not good.. on the other board I have a broken trace between the new 33 and 22 resistors. so the circuit is not full. I've never fixed broken boards before and if anyone knows where I can get replacements I'd appreciate it..guess doing the SB myself sealed its fate...

I've never fixed broken boards before and if anyone knows where I can get replacements I'd appreciate it

You can bridge the broken traces by soldering in a wire, just follow the trace to its closest "next" solder point and join that point with a wire to the orphaned (due to trace breakage) joint. Just make sure the wire is insulated between the joints so it can't contact other joints it shouldn't.

You can then put your meter in diode/continuity test mode and double check there is a short circuit (i.e. complete path) between the orphaned joint and the new point you wired it to.

I'm not familiar with the board in question so I'll let avionic correct me if this won't work for some reason, but I think it should.

I have found a decent vintage stereo guy locally that wouldn't charge me an arm for the repair work. Just will take 3 weeks out.
Hope to have this thing back soon. I just got a Kenwood kd-3070 to play on it. I hope the Phono pre-amp is up to it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom