Scary Little Army Score

I've always been a pretty good sized feller, things like this don't usually bother me. But I WON'T meet someone in some out of the way place....No use ASKIN" for trouble...

I've always been a pretty good sized feller, things like this don't usually bother me.

Funny! I'm 6'-3" 220# and crap like this bugs the hell out of me!

The bigger they are, the harder they fall!

But seriously, I would have told them, 'hold on I have to text my sons (or whomever) with my location and your license plate number'.

Reasonable caution is always good. And keep in mind the seller is scoping you out, too. No telling what a nefarious buyer could do to the seller's wife and kids at the end of a dead-end dirt road. So that dirt road is a two-way street.

I've only backed out of one CL transaction after I saw the premises. Or at least tried to see them -- the front was so overgrown with weeds and ivy that you couldn't see the doors of the apartments on the second floor. Don't even remember what I didn't buy.

Chip

Glad it worked out for you. I buy lots of stuff off CL and have had some times where I just did not feel right about proceeding so did not, usually if your 6th sense AKA little voice in your head tells you that something bad is going to happen it usually does if you proceed and there is no amount of stereo items worth your life. If someone wants to meet you after dark unless it is at their house or in a public place that is well lit and open set up a different time and or place google maps is your friend I try and look to see what the area looks like before I go to some new place I have not been before then decide if I want to proceed, if the caller sounds sketchy talking too fast etc good chance it is a meth head best avoided nothing good can come from it.

Up here a lot of people live out in the middle of no place sometimes miles off any paved road and unless it is something that I got pictures of I try and meet them at a local gas station store or some such place and if a big ticket item I tell them that they will have to follow me to the bank after we agree on a price because I do not carry large sums of cash on me every so often once they hear that they back out and do not call me back which tells me they likely never had the item/s anyways they just wanted me to meet them with a large sum of cash, I think we all know why :D

Regards Snow

Back
Top Bottom