Schematic Links, Tube retail links, local tube testers

Boston, MA
Eico 625 and Philco 9100 (Hickok 533a).

I'm also in Farmington, CT with some regularity and can make house calls with the Eico 625.

Tube Tester

Heathkit TT1-A, One of the last redone by Chris H.

Albuquerque NM

Last edited:
Tube Tester, Charlotte NC

Sencore TC162 "Mighty Mite VII"

picture.php

Jim.

seattle, washington:

Hickok & MaxiMatcher

send me a pm if anyone wants me to test tubes for free or match output tubes (6L6, 6BQ5, 6V6, and etc.).

Seco 107B
Seco 107C
I-177B, Triplett - recently acquired
Hickok 600 - recently acquired

My favorite:

Attachments

• TubeTester.jpg
    TubeTester.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 44
I just got an Accurate Instrument Corporation Model 257 tube and crt tester with no settings/instruction manual. Can anyone send me a PDF file of this or sell me an actual manual? I am trying to start on a recently acquired Zenith "roundie" color TV, but to me there is no use in spending a dime in capacitors if I don't know whether or not the crt is in good shape. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I just got an Accurate Instrument Corporation Model 257 tube and crt tester with no settings/instruction manual.

try this link:
http://www.thebredshop.com/tubetesterchecker.html

Sorry, this above link does not seem to provide any way of getting in touch with them.
I did a bit more searching and came up with a schematic in PDF on this site:

http://www.jogis-roehrenbude.de/Roehren-Geschichtliches/Roe-Pruefer/Accurate-257/Accurate-257.htm

The site is in German, but the schematic is in English.
You need to scroll all the way down the page and click where it says "Schaltbild zum Accurate 257".

Last edited:
Does anyone have a schematic for a VAL 211A Mono block it uses a 211 triode in SE.

Bruce

Someone sent me the following link that leads to a good site for old manual PDFs. You will need to use one of the later Acrobat Reader programs to open the files, but they are there and they do work. You will also need high speed Internet for the fairly large download. You will have to do a search for your particular unit. Good luck.....:D

http://safemanuals.com/314159.php?k=2e0b0668fd6626f1bae43b97cfc1f076&ID=843788&q=ACCURATE MODEL 257

Thanks Tattubed for the German site. The part in English was only a schematic of the unit, which may be useful in the future. I got my user manual from the site I posted above. Thanks for the help! :thmbsp:

Your posting of tube sources is very much appreciated. Do you know where I can get the dial specifications that would work on a Hickok 533A for a 7027A power tube? Thank you.

Do you know where I can get the dial specifications that would work on a Hickok 533A for a 7027A power tube? Thank you.

This is a good topic that I have meant to bring up for quite a bit of time. Simply, I have wondered what to do if or when we find the need to test modern power tubes (EL-34) as used in modern, high end audio and music equipment. I doubt that some company makes a tester solely based on the modern stuff, so there should be settings available for existing equipment to test these tubes. I guess a person could find an old tube that has similar characteristics and use those settings. I venture to say that this has already been done. :scratch2:

Your posting of tube sources is very much appreciated. Do you know where I can get the dial specifications that would work on a Hickok 533A for a 7027A power tube? Thank you.

I found the following on an old chart for a 7027 on a Hickok 533:

Filament 6.3
Selectors JR5327-0
Bias 23
English 88
Press P4
Mut. Cond. 5000

I do not know how similar the 533 and 533A testers are, and there is no listed setting specifically for the 7027A. At least, not on this chart.
Maybe someone else can weigh in on this.

EAR 825 EQ Schematics

Hello my friends!

I´m looking for the EAR 825 EQ schematics. Actually I found it in the internet, but there´s no transformers specifications. Please, someone has already build that equalizer? Has the transformers some unusual especifications? Hope someone can help me... I would love to build this EQ!

Thanks,
Cassio Centurion
http://www.masterdx.com

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom