Schematic Links, Tube retail links, local tube testers

Discussion in 'Tube Audio' started by outlawmws, May 15, 2005.

1. JReinhard

JReinhard New Member

Berthoud, Colorado
    Weston 981 Type 3

2. HiFiThor

HiFiThor Active Member

3. Skibrain

Skibrain Member

4. Skibrain

Skibrain Member

Hi Leejxxxxx,
    I'm over in Rocklin, off hwy 65. Just rebuilding a couple of Fishers now. ( New to Tubes ) 800c and 59A and 59T in a Futura VI Modern Walnut console.
    Just picked up a Precision Apparatus 920 tube tester, but it has 2 wires off I'm trying to find where the loose ends go. One comes off the main tube and the other off the F dial.
    Do you have any experience with Precision Apparatus? I think I have the schematic but can't quite figure these wires out and why they are off. One that is off has a ring connector.
    Anyone else on the thread have Precision apparatus 920 they can take a picture of underneath?
    Brown wire is off the Main Tube pictured( 2132 ) and the Black wire is off the F slector switch Pictured (2128) IMG_2134.JPG IMG_2126.JPG IMG_2127.JPG IMG_2132.JPG IMG_2128.JPG .
    Ken

Attached Files:

5. LPplayer

LPplayer AK Subscriber Subscriber

Seco 107 serial number 1001. Designed by my Dad, Ed Bramsen, founder of Seco in the mid 1950s, and in my possession since he passed in 1973.

6. audiocarp

audiocarp New Member

Ski Brain- Track down that schematic! Or if you can't, look up the pinout of that tube and identify which pin that brown wire is connected to. Also, does the tester work at all with these dangling wires?

7. Skibrain

Skibrain Member

Hi Audiocarp,

Yes the tester does work with the wires discounnected. I was just afraid if I inserted a tube to test that needed that connection it might blow the tube.
    I'll see if I can get the schematic and track down the connection.
    Sorry for the late reply work went crazy on me and I had to really concentrate for a while.

Ken

8. Wharfcreek

Wharfcreek AK Subscriber Subscriber

I'm in the Baltimore, Maryland area, Pasadena to be specific (South-East side). I have a Hickok 6000A that was calibrated a few year back and works well. I'd be happy to try to accommodate the 'testing' needs of any local AK'rs...... Tom D.

AudioKeith likes this.
  9. Skibrain

Skibrain Member

Thanks for the Offer Wharfcreek, but I'm on the other side of the US. Sacramento CA.
    I used to get out there fairly often.
    I need to get back to this stuff, but work has me going crazy and now I think I'm going to change jobs. ( more learning )

10. Harryconover

Harryconover Well-Known Member

Just got a Simpson 445 tube tester broken (of course) Ebay so I need a scmatic or better yet a service manual powers up but only the short light works Simpson stuff is very well made , I've had a 260 for 40 years and still works fine !