Schiit modi 2 uber

Just an update here. I purchased a Modi about 2 wks ago. Have to say I am very pleased with the sound it provides, especially for the price.:yes: Nice clean, detailed, warm sound. It appears to be a good match/synergy for my system! Thanks to all for your comments/input. Happy listening.

Not sure if you've checked out Tidal yet, but it sounds incredible running through the Modi. I haven't used my turntable since!

Ive been listening to the Schiitt Modi 2 Optical version for a week or two now. I like it. A very noticeable change in bass, and vocals sound more full. Without the DAC, some songs sounded harsh would literally hurt my ears. That doesn't happen anymore.

This is my first dedicated DAC and I'm happy considering what I paid. Well built and heavy. Looks and sounds good. :thmbsp:

Im streaming lossless files from my macbook using Vox to Apple TV ---> the Modi 2--->Sansui 6060--->AR2ax

Last edited:
Any opinions on this DAC?

This is a forum for members to review their gear, you have duplicate threads running in two different forums. Duplicate threads are against AK rules, so I have asked a Admin to merge the 2 threads into the digital forum

Regards,
Jim

Ok, I have a stupid question here, what is tidal? I'd like to try it. Sorry about the lack of knowledge. Thanks and happy listening!

Tidal is a relatively new streaming service (tidal.com) that streams uncompressed CD quality music. They offer a one week free trial, and after that it's $20/month. I recommend you give it a try. Works on mac/pc/iphone/android.

I just got the Modi 2 Uber and am happy with it so far. I thought that having the 3 different types of digital inputs was worth the difference over the standard Modi.
You have to play with the software EQ to get the sound right. I have tried 2 different windows based laptops with a USB cable into the modi 2 uber so far. Most internet radio stations sound really good. Next test to install Linux Ubuntu OS into an old Pent4 desktop PC and then see if different PC sound cards make a difference. This may require more than one glass of whisky.

I had the privilege of meeting Jason Stoddard a couple of weeks ago. Hot tip: The new Modi Uber version is pretty much a bit frost with a smaller footprint and far less expensive is what he told me.
It's on my list of "I need to get this to solve my PC sound problem".

Im guessing the SQ is the same from a Modi 2 and Uber version, Uber version is more versatile as far as hook-ups.

So . . . has anyone directly compared Modi 1 to the Modi 2?

And THIS is also what i was wondering since I just bought the standard Modi last week and THEN found out there was a "2" model out :( No wonder I got such a great price on the base model! I can still send it back and pay the extra 30 bucks for the Modi 2 upgrade if you guys think it's worth it...

Thanks for the info. I had a Modi. Sold it. Now wish I would not have. But I sold it looking fir great flexibility and the uber seems to fit the bill.

For the price I'm in!

My Modi Uber has shipped. I'm hoping to get it by the weekend. This will be my first DAC. I'm looking forward to getting this hooked up to stream music. Currently using my Airport Express DAC.

I've been listening to the Modi 2 Über for a couple of weeks now, and I'm very happy with the sound. It's much improved over the DAC in the Airport Express and better than the CD players.

The bass is strong, the high end is crisp and clear. I haven't tried hooking it up to a CD player yet. I think this a great DAC to start out with.

So . . . has anyone directly compared Modi 1 to the Modi 2?

I'm interested to hear a comparison too. I love my 1 but I'm intrigued by the 2.

Also the $400 difference going up between models really is quite a jump. I would definitely put that cash toward a speaker upgrade and make sure that part of my rig was really something.

Back
Top Bottom