Schiit Multibit back from service

Discussion in 'DACs' started by AlTinkster92, Aug 11, 2018 at 6:02 PM.

1. AlTinkster92

AlTinkster92 AK Subscriber Subscriber

Hi folks, about a month ago my multibit just quit working. Bought it this past January new from Schiit. Worked fine when I got it new, then 6 months in no audio.

Sent it in to Schiit, great customer service and 2 weeks later, got it back assuming it was fixed and ready to go. Note inside the box was that they replaced a board and all was fine now. Hooked it up 2 days ago, still no audio.

I am quite sure I have this hooked up correctly, USB from computer to DAC, audio settings on computer set to Multibit etc. RCA cables from DAC to amplifier. Volume set to 100 etc .... You guys have any recommendations??? Computer does recognize the DAC. Just plain frustrated and still waiting for a return authorization Number. Help appreciated! Al

Please register to disable this ad.

2. cpt_paranoia

cpt_paranoia Active Member

Correct amp input selected...?

3. 45rpmspinner

45rpmspinner Active Member

Bad USB cable?
    I threw one in the trash this morning.
    No idea why it quit working.
    Not like it had a hard life or anything.

Edit: just to be clear, the components showed as being connected, but the cable wouldn't pass signal in the way it was supposed to. Worked fine until just a few days ago.
    It was at most 6 months old.
    Swapped in another cable and all was good.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2018 at 8:19 PM
    starcopy and elcoholic like this.
  4. gvl

gvl Well-Known Member

Try the SPDIF inputs from a CD/DVD player, if no sound send it back to Schiit.

hoodie likes this.
  5. AlTinkster92

Thanks guys, guess this is going to have to go back again, I hooked up my old Aune T-1 DAC with the same USB cable and it works fine. Just a pain in the you know what to have to send it back twice. Going to ask for a total replacement this time, waiting to hear from Schiit for return authorization, been waiting since Thursday. I really like the Multibit, just want one that works. :)

6. awillia6

awillia6 Super Member

What was that about great customer service...?

7. AlTinkster92

Have had good and fast replies from them, will know tomorrow for sure if I get the RA#. They're closed on the weekends so nothing till Monday. Hope I didn't speak too soon.:rolleyes:

fredgarvin likes this.
  8. awillia6

awillia6 Super Member

The point was "Customer Service" is about more than highly responsive sweet-talk on the phone or in an email thread.

It's about meeting the NEEDS of customers, especially when your product fails to deliver on the value implicitly promised a customer in exchange for their hard-earned money. When I ran my company, you'd be receiving a cross-shipped brand new unit of at least the next grade up free of charge with my abject, personal apology to you for the egregious conduct of my employees in mishandling the quick and sure resolution of your problem with MY product. You know, customer service over and above granting of RA#s as recompense for the time wasted and inconvenience experienced through no fault of your own.

Good luck with getting your unit fixed (again).

BillWojo likes this.
  9. AlTinkster92

Good news. Got a email from Schiit this morning, they sent a return label to have the Multibit returned at no expense to me and are sending a new replacement as soon as my return tracking number is activated. Can't beat that with a stick! Happy camper for sure! Thanks for all the replies and help. Al :)

10. fredgarvin

fredgarvin AK Subscriber Subscriber

i think you will love the bifrost. A good reputable company with great products. :thumbsup:

11. AlTinkster92

Fred I have the Modi Multibit. Replacement was shipped today! :)

fredgarvin and awillia6 like this.

12. soundmig

soundmig AK Subscriber Subscriber

Sad that you've had such trouble with what is a very good product. I had a Bifrost MB and it always worked flawlessly. I sold it and the second owner has had great luck with it also. I have had a Gungnir MB for about a year now and no problems whatsoever. I hope that all gets worked out and that you once again get to enjoy your Bifrost MB :)

13. AlTinkster92

New one was mailed Tuesday, should have it tomorrow. Shiit stood behind the they're product, that's what counts. Be nice to have it hooked back up for this weekend!

awillia6 likes this.