Schiit Saga+NuForce STA-200+ZU Audio Omen MKII Dirty Weekends

Sweet tube! I was going to wait until the fall, but figured why not and picked up a gumby b stock. It's presently going through the 4 day burn in, but has better detail over the Bimby out of the box. I'd like to try a new tube or two, but think I'll stay with the tung sol for now. I decided to change IC's on the gumby to a different set from my collection last night, and upon restart the sound stage had collapsed! Wow, they really mean it when they say to keep it on. At least it started improving after several minutes, it was only off for about 5 minutes or so.

The Saga is really good though, it's jaw dropping at times.

Sweet. I am the one who compared my Pioneer AVR to rhe Allo Volt+. The Pioneer sucked ass. My Schiit Saga and NUForce STA-200 it utterly destroys the Allo and FX Pre. And its from weeks and constant comparisons. Schiit Saga and NUForce completely annihilates the Volt+ and FX pre

I am 1000% done. Poultrygeist, I have no idea what ZU you had but it's wrong. And I base my evaluations on so many things. The microeconomics and macrodynamics are insane

Basically, Poultrygeist. You're wrong. I am wrapping my head around what my system is doing and I am sorry, no little 5inch Omega driver would even kéep up. The impact and immediacy of the ZU's is amazing

Basically, Poultrygeist. You're wrong. I am wrapping my head around what my system is doing and I am sorry, no little 5inch Omega driver would even kéep up. The impact and immediacy of the ZU's is amazing

Jeff I’m going to disagree with you on this one. My Omegas, both the Alnico and RS5 drivers are both faster and quicker sounding than the D.W.s. I’ve got them all here and can compare them instantly. Now of course the Zu’s can do things that the Omegas can’t but speed on the Zu’s while faster than many conventional designs doesn’t compare with the Omegas. I have to ask, have you actually directly compared the two at the same time with the same equipment?

Wrong? I was fond of the Zu Omens until I started building open baffles. I'd still have them had I not gone in a different direction.

Wrong? I was fond of the Zu Omens until I started building open baffles. I'd still have them had I not gone in a different direction.

Maybe wrong is the incorrect word to use. Like you said, you just took a different path. Maybe one day I will do the same just to hear what you are hearing, who knows, maybe I too will have a change of heart. I have a lot of respect for you on this forum, so I apologize if I get, well a little over zealous at times. I need to not put in my 2 cents when I have friends over listening to music and having too many cocktails. LOL :)
But it still doesn't change the way I feel about my system. It's sounding real good. I like what I am hearing. I am going to sit back and enjoy my system for now and stop chasing for a bit. Have to now focus on the home theater side of things. New projector came in Monday and a 120inch screen soon to follow.

So I am listening to “non” audiophile music right now. Clips, Grinding. Wow! I haven’t heard a speaker that can slam like this without distorting. I guarantee if I put an OB or the Omega3xrs right where these ZU’s are, they would have given up by now. There is no way that those speakers could have held it together. I have it loud but the ZU’s haven’t lost composure or quality. No way in a million years could a 5inch driver do this.

If you want a does everything great system. This is it. People can question me, but I am being real. I am not a professional reviewer or audio equipment. I consider myself an audiophile but not a professional. I just like music. And I am giving you a real review and opinion on what I have actually heard. Not speculation. 5 years, KEF, Tekton, Omega, Klipsch, Elac, Boston Acoustic, and B&W. Well........ My ZU’s are the star. Period. No other speaker has given me this enjoyment. Or associated electronics. The Saga and NuForce is a great compliment.

Again listening to some Herbie Hancock right now. And it sounds amazing! No way any open baffle speaker could create this sound. If it can then kudos but I seriously doubt that it can. Audio is subjective for sure. And what’s important to me might not be to someone else. But if you are the average person who enjoys all kinds of different music, then copy my system. You won’t regret it.

White Lines by Grand Master Flash is slamming in this set up. But sounds crystal clear. Not a lot of systems can do this and sound so good.

. 5 years, KEF, Tekton, Omega, Klipsch, Elac, Boston Acoustic, and B&W. Well........ My ZU’s are the star. Period. No other speaker has given me this enjoyment.

What Kefs and B&Ws did you have? How would you compare the DWs to the M-Lores since you've had both and they are similar in design?

What Kefs and B&Ws did you have? How would you compare the DWs to the M-Lores since you've had both and they are similar in design?

Q500’s. I really liked them. That’s what got me back into two channel again. And the B&W’s were floorstanding 684’s. All the speakers I have gone through over the past few years, I didn’t come across one that I didn’t like in some way. Probably the least impressive of them were the Elac UNIFI UB5’s.

For $649, the M-Lores are a smoking deal. Really good speaker. The Tekton and ZU’s are similar but everything about the Omen is better. It’s a great all around speaker. I am happy.

Back
Top Bottom