Schitt vs Woo...what say you

Discussion in 'Headphones' started by DogsPart2, Apr 10, 2018.

1. In the area of say US$1K, I am looking at DAC/AMP Combos from primarily Schitt and Woo.

Naturally, Schitt has the most combo offerings. With Woo I am limited to the WA7 w/ dac or the WA3 + a DAC.

Anyone care to comment about sound and reliability of either brand?

I like the idea of future proof and 5 yr warranty from Schitt, however the WA7 gets such good reviews.

What say you?

Please register to disable this ad.

2. botrytis

botrytis Trying not to be a Small Speaker Hoarder Subscriber

Well, Woo has gotten great reviews and I know you would not be going to AXPONA but Woo always has there own room and are great to talk to.

3. judsonw

judsonw Well-Known Member

I will say, I love my Valhalla 2, but I feel like I would jump at a Woo WA6 if I found one reasonably priced (I bid a bit on the auction site for a used one, but it quickly exceeded my price range right now).

4. Whadya think about a WA6 + Schitt Modi-Mulitbit combo? (trying to keep price < 1K)

5. judsonw

judsonw Well-Known Member

I have not actually listened to the WA6. It has been an interest of mine for a few months now, especially once I found it on the auction site. All the reviews I have read say it is quite good and would be wonderful with my HD600s.

I do, however, have the Schiit Mod-Multibit and I enjoy it quite a bit. I have not had much experience for comparing it to other DACs, but I do believe it sounds better than my laptop, and I feel there was some improvement over the Marantz receiver I have used as well.

6. botrytis

botrytis Trying not to be a Small Speaker Hoarder Subscriber

Well, another to try is the new TEAC UD-503. I have the UD-501 and it is stellar as a DAC.

7. For those whom have purchased Woo products; any advantage of ordering through Audio Advisor (free shipping) as opposed to direct?

8. csericks

csericks Well-Known Member

I owned a WA 6 for a few years and have owned my WA 2 for several years. I was happy with my WA 6 and feel no need to move from the 2 to anything else. I bought both from Woo and have never been less than satisfied with their service.

elcoholic likes this.
  9. Going to order the WA7, 2nd gen. Like the single box solution.

csericks likes this.
  10. Ordered this afternoon. :banana:

Very impressed with Woo's response to my inquiries. So far,top notch.

judsonw likes this.
  11. WobblySam

WobblySam Well-Known Member

I ordered my WA22 from AA primarily because of the shipping. Plus, AA has always, at least for me, been easy to deal with if a problem arose.